Maxamania, Rackham GC (Detroit, MI) May 22, 2021

1 Like

Hey guys, posting here since Findlay is about an hour south of Toledo. Trying to grow our group in Ohio and Michigan. Would love the company.

6 Likes

@Randy, The map you linked in the official NLU events center has the wrong location for Rackham. It’s in Huntington Woods MI, not Ann Arbor.

10100 W 10 Mile Rd, Huntington Woods, MI 48070

1 Like

That is me, I will fix it.

7 Likes

Fuckin Dave

6 Likes

Any updates on a date?

Shooting for June 26th

12 Likes

For those of you who like Wrestling, now is the time to have your voice heard

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/the-bracket-thread-the-duck-club-presents-the-tragically-hip/35833/5563?u=battisstatus

1 Like

Looking forward to meeting you sickos.

5 Likes

i was in last year, was incredibly bummed when it was cancelled, and i’m 100% in for this year. also willing to help in any way i can if there’s any needed.

1 Like

I was new to the refuge after this event was created but I’m definitely in this year. If we move forward with 26th thatd be my birthday which would be a dope way to spend it. I can also help if anything is needed!

There will be an announcement today.

16 Likes

4 Likes

@Lazstradamus and I had a wonderful conversation with the staff at Rackham and we now have a date with the course booked for the FULL DAY.

May 22nd, 2021 - Maxamania I

For those who missed out on all the fun when we originally planned this, I will give a little bit of a refresher.

The Cause for Good:

The most important part of this event is helping to support a member of our refuge family, @tchap80 and his son Max. Max lives with Peroximsomal Biogenesis Disorder which you can read more about here .

A GoFundMe has been set up to capture all donations and proceeds that are generated through this event. Please take some time to read through the page to learn more about what this money will be going towards!

We are requesting a minimum $50 donation as part of the entry into this event. Because we hope this will be the most attend refuge event to date, we want to use the power of our numbers to generate as much money as possible for Max and his family. Please make your donation by May 8th and include your refuge username in the notes (or just send me a screenshot) .

LINK: https://www.gofundme.com/f/maxamania?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_lico%2Bshare-sheet

COST DETAILS

• TBD based on final numbers and some other what-have-yous. If we get at least 72 people it will be in the $100-125 range. This will include breakfast and lunch at the course.
  • $50 for charity entry fee due by May 8th
  • Some cash for dinner (Buddy’s Pizza delivered to course) to be collected later (optional).

FORMAT:

This is what we had set up last year and I think we will largely keep this format, but may adjust based on number of people, NIT spots, etc.

Saturday AM: Team Event

• 8 team net stroke play or quota event (aka The Battle Royale), taking the lowest 4-6 scores per team.
  • 8 captains will participate in a LIVE DRAFT that will be run on the Refuge 2-4 weeks before the event. Each team must be wrestling themed.
  • Local rules will be in place. Basically don’t be a scumbag.

Saturday PM: NIT Spot & Duel

• The @JBors and @Lazstradamus duel will also take place in the afternoon.
  • Royal Rumble Derby? Or literally anything else you guise want to do we have the course all day so have at it.

Merch:

• We will absolutely have merch. Need to get my guy @Bullseye back to dig up all the old logos that were being worked on.

Charity:

• This is what the Refuge absolutely knocks out of the park. Looking for everyone’s help on raffles, auctions, businesses that might want to throw in some money or support. Let’s make this thing huge and support Max and his family.

Other stuff:

• The PGA Championship is this same weekend. Given that the staff at Rackham is really excited to have us out, I don’t think it would be an issue if a local refugee wanted to bring a TV and a wifi compatible device that we could set up under a tent outside so we can keep up with action throughout the day.
  • @Tron @Soly @djpie @MerchCzar @Randy @sundaybag obviously our plans fell apart last year to have some special guest appearances (RIP @Newk and @Lando). PGA Championship might make this complicated but we would obviously love to have some of you out if it works out. Killhouse live from Rackham, perhaps???

35 Likes

2 Likes

So hyped. I signed up but the sheet was loading weird and I accidentally overwrote the username of Devon Coateshad. Sorry, so whoever that is, feel free to redo your username on it. Apologies again.

3 Likes

Bring back the avatars!

Also, I :heart: Max

8 Likes

a very mysterious username, not sure how we can track down the John Doe.

5 Likes

Don’t need to tell me twice.

6 Likes

6 Likes