Maxamania IV (M4X) - May 11, 2024 - Detroit(ish) MI

I so desperately want to make it to Max, but can’t justify it Mother’s Day weekend.

I’ll try to get to another one this year like the Low Rider.

4 Likes

Oh god. Mother’s Day weekend?! I didn’t realize that until you said it…

My name might be coming off the list

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest playing Rackham absolutely tipped out, and with championship pins was…fun? Maybe not super fun for a hack like me, but the afternoon was great, ha!

6 Likes

Just moved back to Michigan (home state) after 5 years elsewhere. Interested in attending, would be my first refuge event. Am I good to register even though I’m not officially in a roost? related note, how can I register for the MI roost ?

6 Likes

Wish I got to stay for the afternoon.

Yea…felt the same way. First time playing that course and nerves and in locations led to highest score I shot all season. Haha.

Excited to see another new course, but I do need to get another crack at rackam just to hopefully play better.

4 Likes

It’s a great course! We screwed around and played it from the reds in the afternoon then did some 2 man scramble stuff etc.

2 Likes

Yessir, you are welcome!

And I’ll do you one better, look in your DMs for an invite to the roost and all our details. Look forward to seeing you there!

3 Likes

Bring her with!

2 Likes

Signing up…that would make for a golf ‘trip’ every weekend in May…about to empty all the credits from the marriage bank :grimacing:

6 Likes

brother, I appreciate you. I’m right there with you - but if you need a scapegoat I can share my calendar with your wife so you can look like you’re barely getting out in comparison

8 Likes

I mean golf is Saturday, so you still have all day Sunday to properly celebrate Mothers, right?

Pretty determined to make it work even if I have a long drive back that Saturday night.

6 Likes

Theoretically yes, but we usually do our Mother’s Day festivities for my wife the day before. Then try to see the grandmas on actual Mother’s Day. We shall see. I’ll put some feelers out w my wife.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’m not signing up yet and really couldn’t make a decision until probably 2 weeks prior.

1. play max 4.
  2. schedule a massage / spa for the morning-ish of sunday
  3. schedule brunch for after that (so that you may properly recover from saturday)
  4. watch / handle kids all day sunday
  5. schedule babysitter for dinner
  6. go to nice dinner
  7. profit
6 Likes

Brunch on Mother’s Day? That’s like willingly going to Costco the week of Thanksgiving.

8 Likes

listen, sometimes you take one for the team. moms love brunch, these are facts.

3 Likes

I totally get Mother’s day and gotta prioritize the home life too. Not gonna disparage anyone who can’t make it - we all have life stuff come up. What I will offer is that M4x, as our major, is getting more love from a tee gift/merch/event/entertainment standpoint than our other events. If you can only make one this year, I’d say this is the one that should be most memorable (and that’s saying something because the CCC is near and dear to my heart)

Same situation for me, both days get chewed up celebrating. Having my and my wife’s folks local is a blessing when it comes to last minute child care, but makes holidays a challenge…especially Mother’s/Father’s day.

I’ve been trying to change the expectations surrounding both these days, and this seems like a good spot to get the movement going. Mother’s & Father’s day should be for active-duty parents only. It’s not that we don’t appreciate our folks and what they’ve done for us, but they’ve been out the game for a minute.

4 Likes

I’ll be honest, and I swear to god I’m not saying this in any disparaging way…I had no idea people went this hard for Mother’s Day. We don’t have kids, but I’ve got a mom and step mom and used to have grandma’s, and same for my wife, and I truly did not realize people did more than gifts and dinner for Mother’s Day

7 Likes

I’ve got a mom, and a wife and kid. Will usually do something like go out to eat or something and I’ll make sure I get her a card and buy a card my kid can give her to, that’s about it. Also my wife doesn’t like brunch, and that bothers me because I love a god brunch.

I also don’t get anything for Father’s Day there’s really no expectation around either of the days.