Maxamania IV (M4X) - May 11, 2024 - Detroit(ish) MI

Alright, we are about a month out and it’s time to get to brass tacks.

I could not be more excited about this event for us. Tee gifts are trickling in, Raffle prizes are absolutely tricked out, pairings and tee groups are getting set, and mini-competitions are being arranged. Insert i’m-so-excited.gif

Ahead of M4X, we’ll have our customary prep round at U of M on May 10th for those who’ve indicated they’re interested. We’ve reserved a block of tee times starting at 12 Noon. Super casual affair, show up early, meet some old friends, make some new ones, and we’ll go off in 4’s as we’re ready. We have 32 spots set, but we might be able to finagle a few more if numbers demand it. Please be on time so we can send out our 4’s!

As for M4X on the 11th, we’ve got 22 names who signed up but haven’t paid to be fully registered - it’s getting to be decision time. If you have different notes regarding payment or were hoping to work something out with me offline, DM me so we can get things settled.

As a reminder, payment is $160, sent to Venmo @mrlatham88 , last 4 7741. Please include M4X Registration and your Refuge Handle in the notes!

If you’re not going to be able to make it and need to come off the list we can adjust that way too, but the course is calling me which means I’m calling you:

@Conley76 @nross22 @57_Flavors @Golf69 @philmundo @sageat [John Pesci] @Doctor548 @UncleDrew @Mkg [Jon Ray]

As to the aforementioned bonus events:

• Continental breakfast (muffins/donuts/bagels/juice/coffee) will be available before the round.
  • A small lunch will be provided by the course, a turkey and cheese sandwich, chips, and a drink. Does not include colbeers, as the course does not have a liquor license (BYOB, don’t be a scumbag). Additional food options should be available for purchase. This will be a good time to crash together after the quota and chow down, reminisce about good shots and laugh about bad ones. Announcements and Quota winners will be noted at this point as well.
  • We’re setting up a little extra-curricular challenge for interested parties after the quota round - a play on a 50/50 raffle + CTP. For a small buy in, you’ll get two attempts at a short wedge shot (~50yds) and one long putt attempt (~30ft). Closest to for each mini-competition will win a prize + 33% of the cash pot!
  • People who’ve requested a structured event after the quota round will be able to participate in a 9 hole 2-man shamble on the front 9 - 3 holes best ball, 3 holes scramble, 3 holes team score, in that order, no handicaps. Scores must be kept manually, low scoring team will get small prizes. If you’ve got a requested partner let’s get in touch so I can set that up, if you don’t you’ll be assigned one. Don’t worry, we’re all good guys… unless your partner starts giving you wine advice. Maybe don’t keep that guy’s phone number.
  • People who are interested in hanging out or doing their own thing after the quota → you’ll be free to go crazy after lunch. Head off the back 9 and play whatever shots or games strike your fancy! Two rules: 1st - respect the course. They’re kind enough to let us out, we need to make sure to take care of the grounds 2nd - respect each other. Watch out for other groups and other players before you take ill advised shots or routings! Once the structured games clear the front, you’re welcome to that half the course as well.

We’re getting closeeerrrr…

XLlN6W

11 Likes