Maxamania II @ Rackham GC (Detroit, MI) 2022, May 21

Hey Todd. I hope all is well.

53 right now assuming the 5 people that haven’t paid yet are still attending.

There’s definitely been a bunch of attrition from last year. It’s been a struggle. At one point we had 84 people on the list for this year. My thought is the Roosts, while awesome in getting local people out and playing together, have stolen the thunder from bigger events.

I’ve been randomly posting the event the event details in various threads a couple of times a day. I’ll do another blast this evening when I get home from work. You’re more then welcomed to do the same my friend.

2 Likes

After @jsauce’s unfortunate dropout we have one spot left open if anyone wants it.

For the first timers out here - is there like format or schedule info somewhere in this thread that I’m not seeing?

1 Like

I’ll send an email out and update the thread this weekend.

Right now I’m thinking a 9:00AM tee off. The morning round for the NIT Spots will be a quota game.

Your quota is 36 minus your course handicap. The top 2 that score the most over their quota will be awarded the NIT spots. (Provided they are current Nest members)

After that we will break for lunch, award the winners, and conduct a raffle. Then the course is open for whatever shenanigan’s people want to get into.

3 Likes

Lets fucking go! Get crunk!

Listen: We’re going to have a blast. Bring your Bluetooth speakers. Wear a concert t-shirt, bring your guitars. And most importantly, bring your A-Game.

We might not have as many people as last year, but we’re definitely going to have as good of a time.

https://youtu.be/Rf0fmqWS-kI

9 Likes

I don’t have a concert t-shirt, but I have a Rasheed Wallace Washington Bullets jersey. Basically the same thing, right?

7 Likes

You still have time to pick up a Sheed Pistons jersey.

2 Likes

Same boat. Honestly not a fan of live music, but somehow have seen mumford and sons like 5 times. I’ll be wearing a swifty shirt

Eh, if I bought a jersey then I would have to wear it more than once, and then that would make me an adult who wears basketball jerseys, and that’s a demographic that I’m trying to avoid.

I prefer my current setup of having a handful of 90s NBA jerseys that I never actually wear, but that I defend to the death every few years when we are cleaning and my wife wants to get rid of them.

3 Likes

A Nation’s Golf shirt fits the vibe as well.

1 Like

Reading through this thread and back story makes me wanna be a sicko and head out Saturday morning after seeing King Gizzard here Friday night. Still spots left and any air bnb spots open for a gracefully aging hippy.?

4 Likes

Yes! Jump on in. We’d love to have you.
The sign up list is in the first post.

@chefcycle , still got a spot in the AirBNB?

1 Like

Thanks @JDGAFFLIN Paid and stoked. Let me know if I’m hotel searching or if there’s a spot open elsewhere.

3 Likes

@chefcycle posted above that they were looking for someone after a dropout. I’m sure he’ll reply here after he sees this.

1 Like

@chefcycle I don’t snore will bring lots of grass and cash on hand. Strapped with a Bose Bluetooth as well.

3 Likes

For those hoteling it, what’s the recommendation from locals? I’m booked at the Holiday Inn Express Southfield because it’s close to Rackham.

1 Like

Sorry the spot got filled! Should have edited the post. My bad

2 Likes

Appreciate the quick reply looking forward to it regardless!!

1 Like

Anyone one recommend a hotel or is the holiday inn the way to go

You really can’t go wrong in any of the surrounding areas. There’s a few hotels in Warren on Van Dyke that are close to 696 and approximately 15 minutes from the course. (Days Inn, Holiday Inn)

There’s more night life in Troy and Royal Oak. So it really depends on what you’re looking for.