March Mudness Part Deux (Kankakee, IL): 2022, March 27 -

This year’s primary logo was so good.

The hoodie from the event is always front and center in my rotation.

3 Likes

@RLSIII is cooking up something even better this year!

1 Like

Let’s vote – shout out @RLSIII for these beautiful creations!

• Option 1
  • Option 2

0 voters

So would the idea be to play 72 holes? And would this be match play?

36 holes.

first 18 quota. top 16 quotas do some type of knockout final 18 holes.

something like that.

still just scribbling down ideas on a napkin.

I love it! I am bored at work so I am messing around in the google sheets to see how we can have a more efficient and live scoring update for all on the first 18 for quota

1 Like

yes holiday weeks are big refuge weeks.

maybe we can use the grint or pinz?

1 Like

That is also a good idea! I was just going semi-old school where you just download Google Sheets and the guis just type in their score and we have a summary page showing a live leaderboard

My dad & I have been developing an app that we have been beta testing at our club for the last couple of seasons. So that’s another option if there’s interest in live scoring

5 Likes

Inspired by @RLSIII here’s my amateur attempt at logo design

13 Likes

This app looks awesome! A heck of alot user friendly than my excel nonsense. Can it hold 56-72 players on a single card or would we have to split it up into 18 foursomes and then have a “captain/coach” report into the committee for quota totals at the end of the round.

We haven’t done “quota” games but we do run stableford games where each group keeps it’s own card and the app will calculate the net stableford points and track them on a group leaderboard in the pro shop.

1 Like

Dumb ideas for the top 16 quota finals.

Split them up into 4 group/region like “East”, “South”, “Midwest” & “West” and have them tee off on 1 and 10 (East and South go off on 1 while Midwest and West go off on 10) with a guns blazing match play/elimination with the highest net score dropping out after each hole. Have them play a total of 9 holes if a winner of each region isn’t crowned have a final shootout on hole 9 (great match play hole with it being a par 5 with water). Once we have our final 4 have them go and play a final 9 holes in the same way or change the game to Tilt or Banker to throw off the match play vibe (same way they change venues in march madness to a damn football stadium) to determine the winner.

1 Like

Basically the same game at the end of day with stableford spitting out higher totals. But that is such an awesome app!

I appreciate that! We’ve certainly looked into implementing the quota game since it seems to be a popular format for most Nest events. We’d just need to better understand how the scoring works.

It would be awesome to get some feedback from outside of our cult club.

2 Likes

Droid supported right away??

2 Likes

Yep we haven’t run into any devices at our club that aren’t compatible. (except the old flip phone guis)

Ok crew- our logo is complete! I think it’s simplicity will look great on a hat and the four colors I wear: white, black, gray, and navy.

Thanks to @RLSIII for the design.

I’m hoping to sort out merch sooner than later due to #supplychain issues.

We will make some things with the old logo on it as well.

Some ideas:
Koozies (old logo)

White hats (new logo)

Stocking hat (new logo)

Tour visor (new logo)

Vest (new logo)

T shirt (old logo)

Outerwear cold weather nicer item (new logo)

Cart mitts (new logo)

Hand warmer (old logo)

With enough lead time and some funds up front I think we could actually go somewhat custom on this front.

I’m not sure if we’ll get the Levelwear set up again or not.

Let me know if anyone has thoughts or opinions!

4 Likes

I am torn between this and @kfisch design from yesterday. Love the incorporation of the antlers on his but maybe change the basketball to a golf ball?

Also love the basketball/golf merge on yours. I can be of no help because I dont have a graphic design bone in my body but I like both of these choices.

1 Like