March Mudness Part Deux (Kankakee, IL): 2022, March 27 -

Lol, I wish. The projector is in the basement.

Im gonna try to get my state team out or at least 3 more of the guys. Could try a little 4v4 out there.

If we don’t have an official Handicap or Index can we still sign up for this? Just got into the game last July but played a ton this year. I track my scores myself and believe my handicap to be right around a 20 right now.

Played Elks in July (as well as Oak Springs 5 minutes down the road). Birdied one and fell in love with the place!

you can for sure play! just put yourself in as a 20. nice bird!

2 Likes

@TeddyPargame Thanks! I actually just remembered I totally bladed the approach, just got lucky on the putt.

If you have your scores why dont you put into grint and get an official handicap?

Or put them in any online hcp calculator and get an unofficial free handicap.

If you claim to be a twenty and shoot an 85 there is going to be some splaining to do.

OK @Q-school I will ! I used Grint a little at the beginning of the year, but fell out of practice cause I found the app kinda clunky. Began adding scores on the website last night and like it much better. Will take me a couple days to get them all in since I have over 90 rounds this year.

2 Likes

Just start with your most recent 20 rounds (18 hole rounds or equivalent 9 hole rounds). The rest are irrelevant.

2 Likes

Idea I had for integrating the basketball portion: I’m envisioning something on the putting green after the round with beers and bets, COVID permitting that resembles the competitions at half time of some of the college hoops games I’ve been to. In those, they usually take a student or something and give them 30 seconds to make a layup, a free throw, and a three pointer. In our golf version, you could time each gui or keep track of how many attempts they take to make something like a 3-footer, a 7-footer, and a 12-footer. Hell, you could even do the actual distances of the court, though it may take a while watching @kevjones try to make a 22 footer in the snow.

5 Likes

22 feet with a basketball in my hands: 1-2 attempts
22 feet with a putter in my hands: 1-85 attempts

6 Likes

yeah this type of tomfoolery is EXACTLY the spirit of this competition.

We took the long way to Bowling Green my sophomore year to stop and practice at Hinkle Fieldhouse to break up the trip. Really, really cool experience.

2 Likes

Can non Refugees participate in this event? I am thinking about signing up and I have 2-3 other guys that would probably be interested as well. Thanks

Fer sure.

The more the merrier.

Only downside of non refugees coming is it makes cliques happen. There’s something to just all of us weirdos showing up with the mindset of making conversation and meeting other sickos. It’s just a social dynamic that impacts mingling some.

But that being said, saying anyone “can’t” come is dumb too… the more the merrier!

Plus we can consider them pledges and they can shovel the snow off the greens for us and what not.

4 Likes

Ok sweet. me and two other guys would love to sign up. How do I go about getting the three of us in?

Hello Refugees of Earth,

We have a date.

March 27. 36 holes. Book it.

More to come.

9 Likes

I’m the last one on the google sheet to sign up, par for the course, is this limited to a number of players or is every one on the list considered in?

2 Likes

everyone is considered in. we will firm it up a bit later, i’m sure there will be some attrition.

1 Like

Kankakee?

1 Like

Is it too late to sign up?

1 Like