LowCal vs NorCal - Copa de California

We had a great name idea in our slack from Julian, not sure if he’s on the refuge, could call it “Fault Lines” (which side are you on?)

7 Likes

Playing in an annual tourney with large contingents from San Diego CC and Bella Collina in two weeks, and to anyone not from CA, you’re all from basically the same place.

1 Like

In

I’ll throw my nonexistent vote for la purisima. A course I’ve only played once and remember many holes that still stand out in my head. Fantastic track. Would be an incredible battleground.

3 Likes

Only time I played there I was the only one on the course in an absolute downpour. Loved it but wouldn’t mind getting to play without snorkel gear

1 Like

We could also then party like the Danish in Solvang

3 Likes

As a dane/Scandinavian/Viking, I’d love this. Also, the free stay with my grandma would be off the charts convenient

1 Like

Your grandma is gonna host all of us? Hot damn!

Rota of destinations… but this is coming from a perspective of wanting to maximize time and energy though. With flights on Southwest being an easy thing. Even the Amtrak can easily get you to the following.

Rustic Canyon. Northern Los Angeles
Nearby Courtyard Marriott plus train stop.

Edgewood. South Lake Tahoe
Flight to Reno and daily bus to South Lake from airport

Coronado. San Diego
Island life. Padres. Aztecs. Hotel Del. Train station and airport very adjacent.

TPC Harding Park. San Francisco
Fleming 9 hole creates opportunity for 27 hole formatting in one day.

3 Likes

I remember discussing this years ago on this forum. I had looked up an antique pick axe from the gold rush era as a trophy. We were talking “The Prospector” as a name perhaps. I do like not having a Cup - get a more unique trophy.

8 Likes

FWIW, a few of us from up North played Hunter Ranch for the first time in May. The greens were swwwwweeeeet but the course definitely requires some local knowledge. The nines are very different; back was much more difficult: tight, target golf, and requires a few loops to figure out

Not sure if I would recommend for one round, but definitely if we play two days? I think it was $105 or so for a Thursday afternoon, too

1 Like

Just an idea… maybe for timing we do it around when the NIT is going on since the majority of us wouldn’t be there. It could help us anchor a time every year.

4 Likes

When I played LaP the first few holes were in fog so thick you couldn’t see more than maybe 75-100 yards or so. Playing golf blind, especially on that course, is a hell of an experience.

Fire idea

Wherever this is played, whatever format, I’m in. I would double down on Monarch Dunes, Morro, and Cypress.

2 Likes

I will be gathering the raw data recommended above (courses, dates) and will get with me @Rob_Roth to select a date/location that best works for everyone.

Thx for feedback!

3 Likes

Where the pine meets the palm cup?

I will reach out soon for dates and location

2 Likes

@GremlinGolfer let me know who is going to lead it on your side and our team will reach out.

Me for now!

The Burrito Rice Bowl?