Iowa Strapped - Rebranding to The Butter Cow

We have a brain trust meeting Sunday night. I’ll see what we can do about this conundrum.

1 Like

How would one sign up for the Buttercow event in August?

2 Likes

@scagnetti needs to either add you to the GPGC group (which is allowed, people can be in as many Roost groups as they want) or move the event page to the Events portal rather than the GPGC section so it can be viewed by all

2 Likes

Are they already doing signups?

The event will be published in the events section of the refuge, but registration is going to be thru Golf genius with a link on our website to make the event truly public.

When that goes live, you’ll know about it because the event announcement will be posted. As far as I know with it being in august it won’t be for a month or more.

@bignanski makes an interesting point that I’m unaware of, because it was my understanding that you could very much NOT join multiple roosts.

Interesting.

3 Likes

I didn’t think so, but I could definitely be out of the loop.

It’s a little “both sides of the mouth” but you can be a “member” of as many Roosts as you want, but you may only compete/try to qualify under one Roost. If your event is only open to members of your Roost, by all means keep in under your Roost’s events page. But if it’s open to all it’s better to put it in the main Events section.

1 Like

*Unless you’re @ChickPhilA

3 Likes

That’s the plan. And we fully expect to see you there again this year.

1 Like

Not yet. Just have a date placeholder.
EIiJp9cQ3GeEU

4 Likes

kidnap-cubby

5 Likes

I’m committing to 2024. I already have the Ope this August and it’s one of the two golf trips I’m being allotted this year (the other is the annual buddies’ trip).

Unless you decide to have it on like a Thursday and I can turn it into a work trip :joy:

As a token of apology, I leave you with this:

7 Likes

You could do similar to @scagnetti and come down Thursday afternoon-Friday morning and then head home. Could you call that a work trip?

2 Likes

Thanks, ill look for the signup when it comes out. I appreciate all the wrangling that this entails.

3 Likes

If we could sneak a club and ball into the Fair, I bet @Klimesh could and would peg that van with one of his Vice Drips.

2 Likes

Honestly, probably. I always have business in DSM.

Just don’t pay attention to the conveniently placed flatbed trucks parked around the courses this year…

1 Like

Fake work order from The Iowa State Fairgrounds coming your way…

2 Likes

I’m pretty safely committed to a Tuesday-Friday work trip to DSM/Ames for that week.