Iowa Strapped - Rebranding to The Butter Cow

Oh don’t worry - thanks to that shoe repair shop they will live again!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Anyone want to play Waveland on Friday, 9/30 in the afternoon? Coming in that day for a conference at Drake and would love to sneak in a round of golf at a Strapped course before heading back to Peoria Saturday afternoon.

2 Likes

I would be interested.

1 Like

Sweet. Conference shit starts at 5 pm that night so I’m definitely looking at an early afternoon round. Don’t know if that works for you.

Yeah, I don’t have any important work obligations that day, so I can take the necessary vacation hours to make the tee time.

1 Like

Some golf news coming soon…

8 Likes

:face_with_monocle: I thought we were doing an Ope/Butter Cow alternating year type of thing…

translation: please don’t put something on the calendar for this year that I’ll be forced to miss

6 Likes

That was an initial thought. But the High Buffalo of the Great Plains Roost has decided it was so awesome that it needed to be a major.

7 Likes

I tried to look at their schedule but we aren’t privy to it. I love getting out to new courses and wanted to see where the events were being held.

2 Likes

They posted it yesterday. So many fun sounding events and places. Going to be hard to pick and choose this year.

I tried to click on the link but it won’t allow me to see it, says it’s private.

1 Like

Weird. I’m just getting ramped up on stuff again and dont knkw all roost details. I bet this may have been a rough draft and final will be public. Just plan on this one for now :grin:

2 Likes

seeing the chatter here has been super encouraging, sad that our GPGC schedule is behind the paywall, whcih i didnt know or think possible…

in every case, here’s the excerpt regarding The Butter Cow:

*** Friday, August 11 AND Saturday, August 12, 2023
The Butter Cow
Coldwater GC & Veenker Memorial GC — Ames, IA
Waveland GC — Des Moines, IA

Great Plains Golf Club has chosen its ‘Major Event’. A fantastic time will be had over two days, revisiting the three courses played in the first Strapped Series from NLU taking place during the Iowa State Fair. The Butter Cow is in fact a trophy celebrating Iowa’s favorite dairy product, and my imaginative trophy skills.

8 Likes

Will the sign up sheet be in this thread?

1 Like

GPGC will announce the event, hoping beyond the pay wall. But this thread will be preserved, the event for 2023 will likely be announced on our Roost community thread.

1 Like

I think the issue is that it’s on a Roost specific page.

1 Like

Correct. Only people in the GPGC group can see those threads

1 Like

I feel like since it’s such a big deal now, I should make up some special scorecards for this occasion…

6 Likes

kgHbvZC52m9Kp4IDmu

2 Likes