Iowa Strapped - Rebranding to The Butter Cow

Fresh off my Midwest Ope’in experience, let me be the first to say “I am in” should you guys get something pulled together.

5 Likes

I am very much in for this

2 Likes

I’m not in the area anymore, but depending on the timing I might consider a trip back to Iowa for this. Additionally, I know some people at the Ames courses, so if you need help reaching out to the courses, I may be able to help facilitate.

2 Likes

Obviously it’s a fluid situation, but my opinion would be to host an optional round on Friday at East Des Moines muni stalwart Bright Grandview for those who want a true Eastside golf experience. I think doing the primary event on Saturday at Veenker (possibly a NIT Qualifier) w/ an optional 18 that day at Coldwater & the State Fair that evening. Finally, capping it off with a round at Waveland on Sunday.

Preliminary people who want to plan free at all next week or the following? We can try to get some beers or play 9 and go through some ideas.

1 Like

I am definitely interested, and if I’m available, I will be there.

Im down for this idea, assuming I can make it whatever day is decided upon.

Next Tuesday?

That would work for me

Isn’t driving from Ames to the state fair sort of unnecessarily long?

I’m an Iowa ex-pat, but a proud one at that, and would love to attend this.

Tuesday works for me.

It was pointed out by a few people that attendees would not want to get up early after a late night at the State Fair to drive up to Ames to possibly play 36 holes.

4 Likes

Perfect. What time works and where? Im in WDM. @ZachR and I usually do trivia at Global Brew. But Im open.

I am flexible. I get off at 2:30 because I usually go play that day.

This was an idea I had that seemed to gain a little traction on the outset, the reverse Strapped routing, so to speak…

2 Likes

As for determining qualifiers for the NIT, the above was again my idea, which I thought would be cool. So Strapped ‘money round’ rules… only if you play all three courses.

Im off after 3. If you want to play feel free. We can always do this after.

1 Like

Usually anytime after 4 is good for me, but I should be able to sneak out earlier if needed.

1 Like

Global Brew tomorrow night? Ill be there after 630pm until 9ish if you guis are free.

2 Likes

Sounds good, I will be there.

2 Likes