Iowa Strapped - Rebranding to The Butter Cow

Don’t worry, your arteries won’t let you.

4 Likes

Only one way to find out…

3 Likes

Deep fried queso burger has me intrigued.

1 Like

The beauty of a large group is you can try a bunch of things, a couple bites each.

3 Likes

Should have made Strapped bibs haha
HqjFAV2vn6Cfrjw9V9

8 Likes

I’ll just wear my Nest laundry bag

7 Likes

I appreciate this approach, but tapas probably is not a part of the vocabulary of 93% of Iowa State Fair goers.

2 Likes

Nelly and Ginuine are on the main stage saturday night…gonna be a hott night.

Colt Ford on the free stage for “country rap” lovers.

9htQ037r5RusU

3 Likes

(Tom Haverford voice) GINUWINE!?

6 Likes

Future look @bignanski when Pony comes on
8sN7xPD9PG2go

10 Likes

Got dayum I look good.

9 Likes

Any discussion on costs for the three rounds, fair entry, merch etc.?

Yessir. Will put that together today. Need to talk to Nick at Waveland to confirm. He was out yesterday.

That’s why the fair lasts a week and a half. So we can all fit everything into our bodies, you know, over time. I mean, we can’t all be icons of American sport like Joey Chestnut over here.

2 Likes

The food and cooooooold beers combo is quite filling. Start your stomach expansion training now.

I’ll practice my headlock too

1 Like

I’ve been training for months, years even

2 Likes

so bad news guis, ive gotta bow out from the BttBTB. super bummed to miss it :smiling_face_with_tear:. wasnt sure if my internship would run into the 8/12 weekend but it looks like it will. this opens up two spots, as my gf Maddy P will also be unable to attend the Blowout. idk who manages the spreadsheet but you can remove Eddie and Maddy and insert two lucky alternates! will be following along from afar, look forward to seeing how it all unfolds, cheers!

Updated details
Schedule

Friday August 12.
Coldwater golf links
Tee times 8am-9:30am
$40 walk +15 to ride

Veenker
Tee times 2pm-3:30pm
$28 walk +9 to ride due to FAC special.

Friday night do as you please. I’m sure we can figure out any post round dinner or drinks once together.

Saturday August 13.
I’ll apologize in advance. A bigger dick came in and took our hand shake agreement reserved times by buying out course from 8-12. I was not going to outbid them. This will give us time to shower and take a nap if you like before heading to the fair.
Tee times 6:30am-7:42am
$34 walk +16 ride

FAIR INFO

Advance admission on website is $9. $14 at gate.

Parking is up to you. If you’re staying in Des Moines you can Uber or taxi. If you drive there are numerous houses west of E 30th that typically charge $15-20. So planning a carpool is a good idea (so is removing clubs and valuables). I’ve never had any issues parking here in my 13 years of going.

For now this is it. I’ll probably do a randomizer on groups in next week or so. If you need a certain time let me know.

Thanks to those who have already paid.

5 Likes

Insert tired Randy gif for Sat am. :smile:

1 Like