Inaugural Old Fashioned: Irish Coffee edition - Tee times and Pairings post 215

IMG_5701

1 Like

Playing both the River and Meadows in HS, I always thought the front 9 on Meadows was weird being up top and super disconnected. I also thought going to the other side of the river was super disjointed. Then later when getting into GCA I learned of the original routing and it all made sense. I’m way too excited to play this routing.

4 Likes

On behalf of @Amholzman24 and I, shout out again for getting this started, we are proud to announce The Old Fashioned! Why is it called The Old Fashioned? It’s because we’re gonna be playing some old fashion high school golf. We are currently slated for 40 players, which just like the WI high school format will be split into 8 teams of 5. Everyone plays their own ball net stroke play, and each team will drop the worst of their 5 scores and the remaining 4 scores will be added together for the team’s score. Lowest team score wins. We’ll also have an individual category. Also just like old fashion high school golf, who in the world knows what the weather is gonna be. This and hopefully a few more surprises along the way, spots are filling fast so if you haven’t gotten your name on the list yet better do so quick. Hope to see you in November!

13 Likes

You’re not excited enough.

1 Like

Alright. I’m on the list! I’ll probably day-trip it up from Dayton, but I just cannot pass up the opportunity to potentially play the original routing of Blackwolf Run.

3 Likes

Suddenly I find myself watching the final round of the 2012 US Women’s Open on Youtube.

4 Likes

lil GCA writeup from the past, believe a nest member was apart of this outing

6 Likes

Just like old fashioned high school golf, it’ll be sleeting with 30 mph winds.

And we’ll play anyways.

3 Likes

Manifesting good weather. I got out 2 years ago and it was 65 and sunny.

1 Like

:love_you_gesture: Absolutely!

I’ve played November golf the past 3 years in the 60s with sun so it is possible, but it’s also possible it’s 38 with rain and wind

1 Like

And we’re officially into waitlist - I have requested to open up a few more times if possible. Glad to see this well received!

2 Likes

Are we also sending people out with other team’s same numbers? Will we be shouting to our team mates from opposite fairways about how our rounds are going?

Can we give teams enough leeway so they can color coordinate if possible?

5 Likes

You know it!

1 Like

Questionable rule enforcements encouraged.

2 Likes

We are able to expand to 44 prior to initial cut down. Please do get on the wait list as there will inevitably be drops.

If we do go over 40, those players would be able to play, but likely not in the team portion.

1 Like

Just a recommendation, and I know it is a little from the “HS Golf”, but just doing 11 teams of 4, with 3 scores counting is basically the exact same thing right? Then everyone is still involved.

1 Like

Finally getting to this, very well done and the photos help show the place too. Now just gotta get that same weather they got

2 Likes

Sure is - that’s if we do have the full 44 fill out

1 Like

Reminder if you’re interested get your name on the waitlist as inevitably there will be cancellations