Inaugural Old Fashioned: Irish Coffee edition - Tee times and Pairings post 215

Hello Friends,
Join us for some end of season jubilee at Blackwolf Run’s Championship Course. Friday, November 3rd, we have 40 spots reserved starting at 10:40 AM - if you’re not familiar…it’s cold in the mornings in November so bring you Nest gift.
September 15 will be first cutdown date with final lock in due October 3rd - payment will likely be due then.

$129 includes cart & range/practice area
Have not yet finalized format - that will be based on number of participants.

If you have not had the opportunity to play the Championship setup, I couldn’t recommend it more.

If cancelled due to weather, full refunds are issued.

7 Likes

When is the event?

4 Likes

That could be important…first time posting one of these things.

It’s November third

4 Likes

How do I sign up? Is there a spread sheet? A Golf Genius page? Can I just say “I’m in” here?

4 Likes

Y’all are faster than me!

Google sheets for initial interest. Editing post

2 Likes

This should be a fun one, helping Amholzman24 run this one and weather providing should be a blast!

@djpie nudge nudge wink wink

1 Like

Its also my pleasure to add this will be our first unofficial Wisconsin Roost event! Pending full approval in November. Also why some of the sheet is already filled out as we announced in our discord first. That’s right we already have a discord. Things are moving very fast.

3 Likes

1 Like

Original Championship Course at BWR has a great rep around here, people says it’s excellent.

I can’t give it enough credit. It is so fun. It’s my 1B to whistling straits between all properties. Essentially the back 9 of the meadow valleys, and holes 1-4 & 15-18 of the river. Only open for a week or two each year

2 Likes

Which is clearly stated by the graphic @mikedabomb posted. But really. Come play some cold golf!

1 Like

Also s/o to @Amholzman24 for putting this together. Public tee times for this aren’t even open yet…

And they only do this routing at the end of the season.

3 Likes

Lucky to have played it quite a bit, it’s 3rd on my all time list behind only St. Andrews and Whistling Straits though I haven’t played a ton of the big time domestic courses. But it’s extremely good

3 Likes

Nice to see some Fish migrating north to start the winter.

1 Like

Honestly never knew there was an Original 18 that took the best of both, had to pull out the aerial to see for myself how it all fit together. Holy crap what exceptional routing around that river!! They should just have 2 separate 9 hole courses and this OG 18 lol

6 Likes

I’m probably gona say this a million times in this thread, but that setup is so damn good. In my opinion, the new holes on the river are meh. And my favorite of all is the back of the meadows. Getting those original holes in the original routing is pretty rare. Wish they’d do it every now and then peak season, but I get why they don’t. Hole 1 is a little bit meh, bit after that it’s 17 great golf holes.

3 Likes

One is the only bad hole in the routing (even Pete Dye allegedly admitted it later in life) but the remaining 17 are top notch. The second shot into #5 is one of the coolest shots in golf I’ve ever played

1 Like

It’s even a cooler if you go right if the trees and drive the green

God this is tempting.

1 Like