Hyland Hootenanny Meetup Aug 22, Southern Pines, NC Tee Times post 217, Raffle Post 292

ok, tagging @Hitchings21 so we can keep track of who is interested

We’re up to 8, need 2 more guis.

You can join us at MidPines Fri at 2pm if you like. We have three $80 guest rate inc cart and range.

1 Like

All good mate - I’m going to play at Longleaf

As a noob to a NLU event and playing the quota game, can someone give me a rundown at figuring out my quota for each tee boxes off an 11? I know it has something to do with subtracting from 36 maybe? Thanks in advance

@JamesHCard @Fluff @TheSummerMan @Wipey_Faded: We are all set for the 3:50 and 4:00pm on Friday afternoon at Longleaf. I’d suggest that if we have a little light after the round we wander out to the Bottlebrush for a quick three club challenge. Dinner and pops after, maybe?

*Also, there Is one spot open so if anyone else wants to join up, let me know.

3 Likes

If I can get out of town in time I might try and join y’all for the back 9.

2 Likes

@Double_Bogey_Dave said it was 36 minus your course handicap. Guessing you can get your course handicap for Hyland on whatever scoring app or GHIN site you use. If it helps, my official handicap is 5.6. My Hyland white tee handicap is 4 and blue tee handicap is 7. I would guess your white tee handicap is around 8-9 and blue tee 12-13.

Thanks!

Grint is showing me as a 10 for both (assuming it doesn’t have the data to change based on tees) and I’m not a premium user so it shows my handicap range as (~9-11).

Thinking I should play off an 8 for fairness? happy to play with whatever

I just found the USGA course handicap calculator: https://www.usga.org/course-handicap-calculator.html
Take the Hyland scorecard with slope and rating (https://hylandgolfclub.com/scorecard/) and you can figure it out from there

1 Like

Quick update FWIW, the app I use (myscorecard) had the incorrect slope and rating for Hyland, so I redid it using the actual scorecard and USGA site and updated the spreadsheet. White tees I’m a 2 and Blue tees I’m a 5.

Got similar results taking a 9 since it’s the low end of the range calc-ed by Grint
9 base = 9 on blue
9 base = 5 on white

1 Like

Wait, I was just coming to night putting I can’t play golf that day. Have a Pine needles tee time booked.

2 Likes

Changed my name to my handle on EC sheet

1 Like

Last call for MidPines on Friday at 2pm. We have four players currently and one open tee time so need 2-4 more players. Guest rate is $80 inc cart and range. You are free to walk. I tried to reserve scooters but already booked they said. I apologize for lollygagging on that call. Maybe they will free up.
I am a member and the times in my name- Tom Fagerli. I will be in the shop by 1:30. I usually have on a floppy hat with the CGA logo if looking for me. I will hit PNMP about10:30 am so you can message me thru Whatapp if need to find me that day.

2 Likes

Ok we are up to six for MP on Friday at 2pm. Room for two more. As we have six the spots will stay open until taken or teetime. Be sure to add your name to the spreadsheet if you are coming and let me know please

1 Like

I case it is useful for anyone else, here is a custom map I put together to make planning my travels a little easier.

1 Like

Any chance there’s a spot left to play Saturday morning? Just made my plans to come down to Pinehurst this weekend from Richmond and thought I’d see if I could still get in. Also, I will be back at the Cradle playing all afternoon if anyone wants to join in!

1 Like

Yes there is. We have an opening for the 8:30 tee time. I’ll pencil you in