Heavyweights: Thicc Boys of the Refuge Unite!

At first I did too, but as my weight went down, so did my points. That’s when I started to love my 0 point chili and 0 point veggie omelet.

2 Likes

Yeah I hit the zero point foods hard, and have some pre packaged microwave stuff at work in case I forget to pack something. Brown rice/whole wheat pasta used to be zero point foods and those now have points but I do have the 0 point chili in the menu as well, with 99% lean ground turkey! The other thing I find is when I’m tracking food I just eat less overall. I mean those are all good things I guess!

1 Like

This Thicc Boy has been struggling to start the year. OTF Transformation (End of Jan-Early March) I lost 10 pounds, lost 3% BF and gained 3lb of muscle mass….and then baby #3 came and I haven’t been able to stop eating….I feel like I’ve given everything back.

See food diet has taken over….blah!

4 Likes

Someone buy my big gui stuff.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/silk-road-4-0-rusty-hosel-adjacent/83622/6501?u=detroitgolfer19

1 Like

I’d held off until after our Stankonia event over the weekend. But for now and hopefully for the long while, I have to officially denounce my membership from the Thicc Boys of the Refuge. I’ve lost over 50 pounds now since start of Oct and am at a BMI of 27. I’ve still got 10-15 pounds to go to meet my goal and be at 200. But it’s wild being back at my weight I was going into college.

It’s been predominately from caloric deficient. My markers were high for the 3rd year in a row at my physical in the fall and my doctor got me on a prescription of Mounjaro. Biggest things I’ve learned from this are my portion control and emphasis on eating healthy calories.

18 Likes

At 94kg (207lbs) I’m a shadow of my former self 18 months ago (128kg/282lbs) and I’m formally handing in my Thicc boy card. Thank you for all the support.

22 Likes

Whats the thicc boy qualification weight?

1 Like

Everyone is different. I would say for my height of 187cm/6 1” and body shape, I’m (now) thin.

2 Likes

Hey fellow THICC boys, I want to get into the Yoga scene and was curious what has worked best for the THICC crowd. I know I read upthread about DDP Yoga. Any others that I should look into?

2 Likes

I made a commitment back in January to start doing yoga once a week. Just putting Yoga for Golfers into Youtube will get you some good results if you want to dip your toe in. I have liked the programs from Yoga with Adrienne, Sportskool, Man Flow Yoga and White Wolf.

3 Likes

Yeah Yoga with Adrienne has always seemed to be consensus around these parts. Super approachable videos.

I also like the Nike Training Club app.

5 Likes

I’ve been using the GOLFFOREVER app and 90 days in a yoga workout is plugged in at least once a week. Has worked great to get my core, glutes, and hips activated as well.

Can I interest anyone in a pair of Peter Millar pink gingham golf shorts? Size 42. Tags still on them. Retail for $95. I paid around $75 through my BIL. Would take $50 or a dozen AVX balls.

True to size?

Probably a hair snug. That might be due to there not being any stretch in them. That’s why I haven’t worn them.

I had fully fallen off a good eating/exercise routine in recent months, but have had a really good last 3 weeks. Part of that is we’re hitting crunch time prior to our wedding the first week of November & Honeymoon shortly after that.

It stinks that motivation is so hard to push through for me, but once I get past the initial struggle, I’m good for a good long while usually. I’m finding that staying very organized is really benefiting me. I have workouts mapped out 3 weeks in advance on a spreadsheet with built in rest days instead of just going with logging activity, it’s doing wonders for keeping me accountable. I went so far as to map out available golf days on the weekends and included a section for smaller longer term goals to start including each week. Here’s to staying on track.

6 Likes

Motivation and self discipline have become foreign concepts to me…

5 Likes

Throughout the course of my masters program I’ve gone from 205 back up to 228… recent adjustments have me back down to 220, but I need to buckle back down or it could baloon again going into Fall holiday season.

1 Like

You can not rely on motivation as it will ebb and flow. Source - me who constantly fails when my motivation wanes.

2 Likes

this^^ all the motivation in the world won’t do squat unless you take it upon yourself. Love the scheduling aspect as I too am working to get back into more of a “fit” routine.

1 Like