Heavyweights: Thicc Boys of the Refuge Unite!

Don’t let 4 days become 5 or 6. Day 1 of good choices starts tomorrow.

5 Likes

You got this homie. Go for a walk, bike a mile, do some push ups. Just do something, small is fine too. If you just do anything it’ll make you feel better and get the ball rolling. Fuck that old hag, go crush it.

4 Likes

I feel you. Thanksgiving followed by birthday the next day for me. Plus home with both kids since Wednesday afternoon.
Try to knock out some goal tomorrow even a small one. Gallon of water, set number of steps, something.

3 Likes

Y’all should check out the Nike training app. Lots of good bodyweight workouts that will kick your ass and only take like 15 and they’re free.

1 Like

Thanksgiving was the worst… I’m 9 days into a Keto diet on Doctor’s orders (thanks under-performing thyroid!) and stayed true to it Thursday.

Between the diet and medication, I’m definitely feeling better. So that’s a start. But on the other hand, pie.

1 Like

Good for you for not caving man. Self control is pretty tough when it come to dieting. Good on ya.

Thanks guys, appreciate the support.
I’m setting a new lifestyle habit for myself: no eating after 8!

3 Likes

Just an FYI especially for @djpie, Heavyweights is on Disney Plus.

“Come here you devil log! I’m doggin it Pat, I’m doggin it!!”

4 Likes

Got on the scale today, I’m down 15 lbs since the beginning of the year. When I went to the Dr in January for my annual checkup, she walked in, looked at me then said “you’ve gained weight”.

The weight loss has been consistent, a couple pounds a month.

Of late, I’ve been working out with a lot more intensity (basically just doing Peleton a few times per week) which is making a difference.

6 Likes

I tell people all the time, don’t sleep on spin classes. That thing will kick you’re ass. Good for you my man!

1 Like

A few rules I’ve followed along the way

Be consistent. Just because you fall of the wagon for a few days or longer, get back to it.

1 soda per week.

No dressing on salad. Sometimes I’ll have a balsamic, I’ve been doing this long enough to prefer it that way

Black coffee, no sugar.

Cutting back on carbs in general with a more recent focus on staying away from wheat (shout out to @Lazstradamus)

3 Likes

Damn man, nothing on a salad?! That’s craziness

4 Likes

I have a generic spin bike at home with no bells and whistles, which I bough specifically because I didn’t want to spend the $ on the Peloton. I was even using the $13/month Peloton app to take a version of their classes. Then my club got a Peloton in the gym and my home bike is collecting dust. I certainly have a tendency to be irrational with spending, but now I’m wondering if having a Peloton at home could be worth it (I can only get to the club 1-2 times a week if I’m lucky).

2 Likes

I think if the $ makes you get on it 4 times a week, then yes it’s worth it. However if that is not going to get you on it, then your bike and going to the club twice a week will work just the same.

1 Like

Bought…

3 Likes

Does it come with floor-to-ceilings windows and a ridiculous view for you to ride next to or is that paid for separately?

2 Likes

No, but my butler is going to have to adjust his routine to help keep it dusted.

1 Like

Fat fuck checking in for duty.

I’ve gotten in better shape the past 12 months but didn’t lose much weight. This next year I want to drop some lbs. All I need to do is quit drinking and I’d be perfect but momma didn’t raise no quitter!

3 Likes

Rehab is for quitters, this is a message board. We just talk about what we should do :slight_smile:

I’ve found my home…