Golden Age Classic IV - Saturday JUNE 24, 2023

Fellow Refugees, it’s that time again for the Golden Age Classic IV, Big Plex’s Official NIT Qualifier and all around good time.

When: Saturday, June 24, 2023
Where: Cedar Crest Golf Course in Dallas, TX
Format: 36-hole team match play. Morning Fourball, Afternoon Alt-shot
Cost: $150 per entrant - 36 holes, lunch, range balls, cart fees, and gift included
Social: Friday evening official gathering, details TBD

Signup sheet here, more to follow here and @BigPlex

13 Likes

cc @TheSupercell and @STROHS

6 Likes

Hell yeah been waiting for this. Ready for our rematch @HoselRocketeer

5 Likes

Love Meredith giving CC some juice yesterday. Just need to convince Scottie to skip the elevated Hartford event for golden age.

12 Likes

I’m working thru the schedule now to make sure I make it down

6 Likes

Format will be the exact same as years past if you’ve played in this before.

The NIT spot will be chosen by the winning team - since this is a team event, the team will vote on the most deserving player.

As additional stakes, low net round from any Big Plex Roost member in the morning fourball round will nab the third spot in the Texahoma Roost Regional Championship, to be held in conjunction with the R4 at Dornick Hills the final weekend of July (@Kgilles5 grabbed the first spot at The Ice Bowl and @duckhunter07 grabbed the second spot at The Forward Press).

6 Likes

In from Aledo. I had a blast last year.

3 Likes

Going for a 3 peat. Only lost 1/2 point in my 2 years. Bring it on.

2 Likes

If you’re signed up, set this thread to “Watching” for updates.

If you’re bummed we already have 40 signed up, every single year we go through double digit dropouts and deep into the alternate list. So if you’re interested and available please go ahead and put your name on the signup sheet.

5 Likes

Looking forward to meeting y’all!

6 Likes

Please send your $25 non-refundable deposit for GAC IV via Venmo to @Robert-Rosson-2 (0419 last 4 of phone). Deadline for deposits is April 6th before we move to the growing alternate list

4 Likes

WD. Hate it. Removed myself from the spreadsheet.

4 Likes

I blame the city of Allen and your Firework loving kids

3 Likes

weird that your handicap doesn’t show any scores since 08/22 and only 4 posted all of 22’ but you post in here about all your golf trips and rounds played. Guess you got the number to just what you like to compete.

This is why I dont play in events like this because I post every round and my handicap is legit.

1 Like

Lolololololololololol… 2 fucking years between posts and you come in trying to flame literally one of the nicest people on the Refuge?!? GTFOH with that bullshit and go back to lurking.

9 Likes

Cool

4 Likes

Honestly, with this attitude out of nowhere, you’re more than welcome to not sign up or attend really any Big Plex gatherings, and you don’t even need to tell us you’re not interested. Andrew’s one of the best people in this forum, and needs zero defense, but you’re about as far off as one can be with your smell test on this one.

9 Likes

Also, even if your suspicions were true, which I can assure you they’re not, what kind of stakes do you think we’re playing for that it really matters to your enjoyment of an all day, team matchplay event, or any of our other much weirder formats we do?

3 Likes

Someone coming in here and questioning the Plex’s handicaps… brother, let me tell ya, we win at a lot of things, but padding our caps is very much not one of them. Have you seen our results in roost events?

4 Likes