Golden Age Classic - Dallas, TX (07/19/2020)

Reminder to everyone to send in their donations and let @mctrees02 and me know how much you sent so we can have a final tally. If you’d prefer, you can send to me to include in my donation, my venmo is in the spreadsheet at the top of the thread. Put NoLayingUp or something to that effect when you donate. Link should be active:

https://www.iamagolfer.com/

Sorry guis, I haven’t been too active lately and am just seeing this. Unfortunately I wont be able to make it over for this. Gotta say Im rooting for team @DuckDuckHook over here. Give em hell boys!

…It was yesterday

14 Likes

Thanks to those who organized it. I had a great time and exceeded my expectations for my first Refuge Meetup.

Enjoyed getting to know those I played with…hope to play with you again soon. And to those I didn’t get a chance to meet…hope to meet you at some point!

One more still shot since I don’t know how to post vids of @mctrees02 doing his best Beast Mode impression off the first tee at Cedar Crest

1 Like

For some reason, i thought I saw September. Whoops, Unfortunately now I definitely wont be able to make it

4 Likes

Here’s Sturm with the effortless tempo on the opening tee shot

It says it in the title. Im an idiot

1 Like

Craving an NLU-style vid so I can relive yesterday right about now. Just way too much fun all around. Short of that, can we get some highlights and lowlights?

I’ll start. With a few guys finished up and watching, I absolutely flushed a lob wedge into 18, and into the sun, at CC last night. Phone GPS told me the number was 97 and I’m sure I hit it that. HOWEVA, it turns out I need to buy a range finder because it became VERY clear VERY quickly that I couldn’t have been more than 50 out. The ball clanged off the top of the two-story clubhouse. Pretty sick.

7 Likes

Bob with the shoutout:

2 Likes

I was feeling pretty good about my drive on 4 and drove up by @Kgilles5 ball thinking mine had just crept into the rough. It was pretty humbling when I got to drive 60 yards back to where mine was at the beginning of the fairway.

2 Likes

For those that crave the mega light, yesterday afternoon brought out the mega bright.

Shoutout to @tx_southpaw for bringing the flag in the AM and letting me carry the torch in the PM.

5 Likes

The hacker’s play on 4, which is what @McNutty and I both did, is to blow it so far right toward 16’s red tees, which can give you a more direct and shorter route into the hole if you aren’t capable of taking the @the_korn_ferry or @Kgilles5 line in the actual 4th fairway to flip wedge distance.

5 Likes

Touch ‘em all! Other than that, @ShinGolf played some damn good golf yesterday. Liiive action.

Yesterday was my second outing after getting a cast off my hand, and had my best round in almost two years. Guy still beat me 3&1. @ShinGolf drained a miraculous off the green putt through the hills and woods to grandmothers house to close it out on 17. We had a blast in our group and definitely want to do it again.

Also, I hit a 64* lob on 15 that landed and spun to a stop on TOP OF OUR GOLF CART

5 Likes

As you were ripping the club back for those practice swings the consensus was that you must be going for the megaflop. Oh man did you ever flush it!

giphy (4)

4 Likes

Sir. I can guarantee that shot would be on the video. The group of us watching it happen laughed for a solid 15 minutes after it happened. It was honestly my favorite thing about the weekend. You hit such a good shot and just had the wrong number and the ball ended up bouncing over the clubhouse.

Couldn’t have scripted a better finish myself.

(And my tee shot on 18 hit the curb and ended behind the tee box)

2 Likes

If only I’d had the presence of mind to bat flip in that moment.

5 Likes

Hell of a match, my friend. Took my best round in quite some time to do it! And that 64 degree to the roof of the cart was legendary

1 Like

shudders in fear

3 Likes

That shot was something special to watch from 50 yards behind the green. The first words out of my mouth were “that ball is fucking roasted,” but it wasn’t a skull. Just a magnificently bad number.

5 Likes