Golden Age Classic - Dallas, TX (07/19/2020)

Fun as hell out there for the morning round, go get us a W in the afternoon boys!

2 Likes

Might not have been a better ham ‘n egg scenario than me and @ShinGolf. Pulled a halve out of our butts.

1 Like

How are the last two matches going?

Morning session:

1 Like

After scratching out a halved match at the turn we were almost back nine Stephen Ames’d, losing 5&3. Tough scene.

2 Likes

Double vodka-Gatorade at Cedar Crest, let’s get saucy

2 Likes

6 Likes

10 & 8 alert!!!

@cgroom

3 Likes

giphy (3)

8 Likes

15 Likes

Rematch next month?

2 Likes

Nursing my wounds with some ice packs and a protein shake. Will come back bigger, stronger, and better. Cheers to @mctrees02 and his fellow Mc’s

2 Likes

@tx_southpaw took the morning NIT qualification spot, hitting +2 above his quota with a strong multi-birdie close out of @mctrees02 and Sturm.

By unanimous agreement @cgroom took the afternoon spot without need for any math when he broke the space time continuum of match play.

5 Likes

To celebrate the McMaxwell’s stellar come from behind victory, it’s time to finish off this TEN year, one hundred and EIGHT proof Four Roses single barrel.

cc @EdEddEddie!

8 Likes

Had a blast playing with y’all today. Let’s make the Colligan Cup happen!

4 Likes

@mctrees02 and @DuckDuckHook: Thanks again for organizing and creating a way for more folks to meet each other. That’s the power of this place; the events, regardless of their size, are hands down the best threads on here.

I had a full Phil-detonates-Watson take prepped for the post-game press conference queued up for @DuckDuckHook (who let @the_korn_ferry, pictured below, go in a trade).

kobe1_crop_north

Houston and Austin, you guys are up. The DFW folks are already planning their next set of events. You’ve got to beat them to the punch.

1 Like

Playing in the final pairing with @the_korn_ferry and watching him hole out eagle on five, drop bombs, nearly hole every chip he hit, and do what he’s done every other time I’ve seen him play and realizing I let him go on account of a bit … mistakes were made

4 Likes

Great day on the course! Congrats to our two qualifiers and awesome job organizing to our captains. As the only psychopath who stuck to his guns and walked both rounds in the 97° heat I thought I’d share some fitness stats from the day:

• 28,000 steps taken
  • 17 miles walked
  • 50 floors climbed
  • 9.5L of water consumed (still failed to stay hydrated shout-out @Randy)
  • 5 lbs lost since Saturday
9 Likes

You walking that final round was an athletic feat that should be recognized nationwide.

3 Likes

You are a mad man. I respect your commitment to walk both! Told myself I would take it easy today and drink water but 9 holes is calling my name.

1 Like