Getting Hit On... Not a Flirting Thread

I like this response. If they see you pick the ball up then they should have seen you before teeing off.

1 Like

I’ve had this scenario, but sent the third one back at them on the tee.

Bump

1 Like

I once accidentally hit into a par 3 with a group playing the hole. There was almost a fight and it was absolutely the group in front’s fault.

Let me draw a picture…

My group was walking off 16 green.

See an empty 17th in front of us. No balls anywhere in sight. So I tee off and put one to about 25 feet. Rest of the group tees off and we’re all GIR. Start walking up to the green to roll our putts and all of a sudden a cart RIPS across the 16th green and two very intoxicated people started screaming at us for not letting them finish the hole before we played.

My first thought was “what the fuck did you just do to the 16th green?” My second thought was “oh man, I’m going to have to throw hands here.”

Turns out they both dunked their tee shots, figured they’d bother groups on 16 and 12 and make a quick rip over to the halfway house for a beer before playing their chips at the drop area.

Had to call the pro because it was going to get violent pretty quickly with how drunk these guys were. Was the only time I’ve seen someone hit into someone else on a Par 3.

TL:DR, if you hit into someone on a par 3 you’re either a huge scumbag or the group in front of you has made a huge mistake.

9 Likes

I’ve been in this situation.

I picked up the ball. Made them drive up to me and ask for the ball back. Calmly explained why I picked it up and had them promise it wouldn’t happen again.

I’m also a large human being.

17 Likes

Plant a dime bag in their bag and call the cops on them

25 Likes

Everyone is overlooking an important point here

Go get it done, son!

22 Likes

I don’t know if I’d call that hitting into someone but that’s a shit situation regardless.

Several of my close call experiences have been with a group putting themselves in an unsafe position and not realizing that the group behind can’t see where they are.

1 Like

Hit into on a par 3? I’d put the ball in the cup as we left the green.

3 Likes

In this case, teeing up a 3 iron and hitting a low stinger is the call.

1 Like

4 Likes

Hahahaha, that’s the plan!

3 Likes

We might need an update on Monday. Best of luck!

1 Like

This is what really gets under my skin. Some saggy-skinned old retiree shanked a ball at me when I was walking yesterday. Even had the audacity to roll up in the cart after and ask me if I saw his ball.

I just pointed and kept walking. I was already mad enough and he genuinely couldn’t be bothered. It’s just sad because he should know better by now. Some people aren’t raised well and it shows.

2 Likes

I’ve had this happen, and I said, “Oh, I totally know where it is because it almost hit me and I had NO idea it was coming.” And the guy just stared at me and then I pointed into the bush the ball had rolled into (where he’d never have found it). It wasn’t until I said, “Im sure you didn’t see me otherwise you never would have hit up on me” that he even seemed to realize he was in the wrong.

Shrink the game. Too many idiots out there being unsafe without even knowing it.

10 Likes

With reservations about turning this into a “here’s a story about the time I was hit into” I was playing Wilmington Municipal and holes 13 and 14 run parallel in the opposite direction. I was riding by myself on 14 toward 14 green (and 13 tee) and the group on 13 was teeing off. I was on my cart path and a golf ball blew through my cart and would have hit my buddy had he been on time (teed off on 10). Nobody said anything, nobody even moved as if it was offline. I was watching them just in case I couldn’t hear them. Dude comes over and was like “oops my bad” but he did offer me a beer as an offering of good faith.

2 Likes

@jsauce and @greebs…….update…. She said yes!!!

38 Likes

Nice!!!

1 Like

That’s awesome, man. Congratulations!

1 Like

Thanks y’all!