Getting Hit On... Not a Flirting Thread

it’s go time

cavill fight

5 Likes

Can you clarify this a little. When you said “up onto the green” in my mind it sound like there was a drop off behind that maybe you were all down the hill a bit. Is that accurate or was it flat and completely obvious you were still there and playing the hole?

1 Like

Sure, the green is slightly elevated on the back so balls do trickle down but maybe only like 2 feet. We were definitely still visible, especially considering two of the 4 people were standing on the green.

Chuckles

I came dangerously close to having a group want to murder me on Saturday morning @BigtimePolecat

1 Like

One of the guys did eventually come over and gave a very apathetic apology saying they didnt know we were still on, which again, find hard to believe since our carts were on the side of the green and we were all around the green. At least wait for us to get in our carts.

There was a discussion about this somewhere and someone answered that “this is why I always have my gun on me when I play” and they weren’t joking. Or at least I didn’t think they were.

Guys looking for a fight should keep that in mind, I guess.

Hitting into someone on a par-3 is an act of aggression. How you deal with it is an open question. It’s ridiculous though.

3 Likes

Yep.

It’s deliberate. And time to fight.

3 Likes

It was the private club thread. And then it got rehashed yesterday in some chat about how… interesting Virginia and West Virginia are.

1 Like

This.

You hit into me on a par 3 and it’s a declaration of war.

8 Likes

Any responsible gun owner is never looking for a reason to use it.

20 Likes

Nothing says “I used to get my ass kicked on the playground daily” like someone just begging for a reason to use their gun on the golf course.

12 Likes

We need to not go over all that dumb ass shit again and focus on someone hitting into another group on a fucking par 3.

17 Likes

I’m a sensible guy, especially around golf and errant shots but this situation was totally unacceptable.

I was ready to hit their ball back to them and definitely stood in the middle of the green and waved my hands up in the air to signal “what the fuck, ya’ll” but the rest of my foursome coolheads prevailed and we let it go.

1 Like

TYFYS. I generally give people the benefit of the doubt (the first time), but being hit into on a par 3 regardless of circumstances and a) your ball is ending up in the nearest hazard and b) I’ll be more than happy to discuss with you why your ball is now lost (and I’m generally non-confrontational by nature)

8 Likes

Which is why when a guy like you gets upset, this is when you know it’s rully rully bad.

2 Likes

Personally, if I get hit into, I turn around and give them the “what the heck” arms up glare if I’m visible. Most egregious incident was walking as a single at my local club and a 4 some let me play through. They had driven to their balls in the fairway (roughly 100 out) as I was walking up about 10 yards from the green. I heard a ball get hit and covered my head. Their ball landed in the 10 yards between me and the green side bunker without a fore shout or an apology. That earned a rather loud and heated reply back down the fairway. They never apologized and I hope to never be near them again at the course.

4 Likes

Someone hits into me intentionally on a par 3 green? I’m taking the very passive-aggressive route: pick up the ball, put it in my pocket, finish the hole and move along. I figure the person hitting into me wanted me to have an extra golf ball.

13 Likes

Wow, I think this is a worse situation than what I encountered. That’s a declaration of war for sure.

I think most of what has been shared is good. I am noticing a trend in my area of a general lack of good golf etiquette/ extremely confrontive behavior. Seems like we either have groups that are hitting into others like the OP explained or groups that are overly confrontive/yelling/wanting to fight. I think you were right to raise your arms and even “yell” back. Bottom line is that all of our golfing communities deserve better than to be hit in to (especially on par 3s) and when it does happen the offending party should be quick to sincerely apologetic. The last thing that I want to happen when I play golf is for someone to get seriously hurt.

2 Likes

I’d only been a member for a couple of months and chose not to go after them. Had my girlfriend (hopefully my fiancé by the end of the weekend) been with me or my grandma who both like to come and ride in the cart/walk with me when I play beeb there, I’m pretty sure a 4 v 1 fight might have gone down.

6 Likes