FcF Presents: The Classic Club Challenge Part Deux (CCC2) June 1st at Diamond Springs

yep. If the event were today:

I’m 10.9 hcp, my course adjusted hcp is 8.
8 x 80% is 6.4, so 6 → my baseline quota is 30.

I bring a persimmon driver (+2)
Persimmon 3w & 5w (+2)
1980’s Diawa Blades for all irons and wedges (+2)
A hickory putter (+2)

My event target quota would be 22

4 Likes

So this year it’s 4 categories for clubs and handicap relief instead of whole bag? Nice!

3 Likes

Do I get +2 for woods if I put none in my bag? :rofl:

3 Likes

nope, but there’s no requirement you use a club to get the benefit from that category…

2 Likes

correct!

2 Likes

Irons: 1986 :heart_eyes:

And this was my best swing of the night with the 915f steel shaft 3 wood according to toptracer range. I’ll take that allllll day… probably won’t happen again but still.

8 Likes

I forget is this by club, or just by category?! I’d love to make my 7 an 30… haha. Are we still limited to 14 clubs?!? I got a $100 set off a guy in our old neighborhood and there are like 3 persimmon drivers, 3 1-irons, and a couple 2irons. Titleist tour model blades, and 2 vintage putters that are :ok_hand:t3:

7 Likes

That putter was in the mix for $100?!?!?!

1 Like

I’m sorry, what was that? Can we get some pics please. And are you keeping or selling any of these?

8 Likes

Newest club in each class will set your bonus. So no extra bonus for carrying a 2nd or 3rd persimmon driver :rofl:

3 Likes

Yep. Whole reason I got the set. I knew I wasn’t good enough for the blades but also knew that putter would turn an easy profit if needed off the whole lot.

1 Like

You stop that right now.

Everyone is good enough for blades

8 Likes

Okkkkk fair enough. Then I have some extra ammo I may have to sling out of my trunk in the parking lot if I can make it to the event. Have only gotten to play the first 9 at Diamond Springs and heard the back is waaay better. Hope I can swing making an appearance.

I’d post the butter knives but I don’t wanna break the ‘fuge…also have some Hogan blades that are a covid find in my FiL’s garage on Beaver Island. Cleaned em up and they are my set there when we visit so I don’t have to drag my sticks up. Someday wanna bring them across to Charlevoix and play Belvedere with them. (Would post more pics, but my efforts were scuppered by the site overlords - only allowed so many responses and images here sadly)

2 Likes

Team bullseye - just grabbed this from play it again sports

3 Likes

Niiiice… I’ve got something similar up for the taking currently…

1 Like

If there’s interest in some torture I could be convinced to part with some of the extras, or loan them out for the event if I can’t make it (not sure yet). Think I’d keep at least 1 driver and the complete set of irons 1-P most likely, so I have a surplus driver, 1iron and 2 iron. All have basically brand new midsize z-cord grips I put on last year and haven’t used except for a couple swings. Drivers are both TT Dynamic S. The full set is TT Dynamic R but for an odd S400 in the 1iron and the extra 1&2 are S but not S400.

1 Like

Any update on when tee times are starting? Would be an absolute sicko day trip for me but the wife is working so hey, I’m p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ gonna be golfing either way.

6 Likes

Hasn’t been locked in yet, but guessing mid to late morning to get it rolling. Going to be a block of tee times so if we need flexibility amongst the block I can see about working something out with ya…

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good thing.

Cool, will definitely have the convo with the head honcho here soon.

Still space as well or waitlist?

1 Like