FcF Presents: The Classic Club Challenge Part Deux (CCC2) June 1st at Diamond Springs

What: 28(ish) Blocked Tee times for the FCF in a non-elevated event
When: Saturday June 1st. 1st Tee time TBD
Where: Diamond Springs GC, just south of Grand Rapids MI
Who: YOU! Hosted by the @FreshCoastFlock , we welcome FCF, FCF adjacent, any other NLU Roost members who wants to have a good time, and possibly our rando friends we’re otherwise trying to convert into true sickos
Prizes: Points to qualify for FCF Roost qualifying spots and the friends you make along the way. Oh, and a trophy!
How much: $85 for 18 holes of Golf w/cart + Hangouts with the coolest cats you know.

Scoring: Playing the one-ups, an 80% HCP Quota game - but with a #Catch.

The #Catch: The older the clubs in your bag, the lower the quota you need to achieve!
3 categories: Modern (no bonus), Classic (1 shot bonus), and Historical (2 shot bonus)

• Modern - what you can buy off the shelves today - GI irons, Modern mallet putters, Carbon Fiber Drivers (~0-7yr old)
  • Classic - Think early GI irons, Classic blades, a Ping Anser 2 , and some prime time big cat stuff (~7-40yr old clubs)
  • Historical - Goodwill Persimmons, Hickories, and unidentifiable stuff you dug outa some old dude’s barn at an estate sale and had to brush the dust off with a broom (40+yr old)

Equipment pictures need to be posted to this thread or sent via DM to me for verification and award of adjustment. No pictures, no adjustment!
You’ll receive a bonus from each club type category according to the age of the newest club in that category.
→ If you’re carrying both a hickory 5w and a Stealth 3w, you would get no bonus for the woods category.
You do not have to use a club during the round to get points for that category.

Signup on Unknown Golf Here
Pay via Venmo - $85 to @mrlatham88, last 4 7741. Mention your handle and the CCC2 in the notes. Upon payment you’ll be moved from the pending list to the active roster!

Look forward to seeing you out there!

10 Likes

Discount Golf on woodward is going to be so confused when all of their classic clubs sell out.

8 Likes

I want to see more persimmons and hickories this year

4 Likes

Going persimmon hunting soon!

2 Likes

So bummed I can’t go to this. All I’d need is an old ass putter to be full historical.

1 Like

I’ll be in a wedding that day, but hope everyone enjoys! Tough schedule for me to make it to events this year

2 Likes

Jeez, waitlisted already? Also no idea why my name is TysonT :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

lots of spots open :wink:

I’m a fan of this new club classification system and am going to spend a lot of time developing the optimal mix of categories.

2 Likes

I’m lazy and am just going to play all the old sticks, shoot 90, and have a great time walking with the bois

3 Likes

82 adjusted feels like a great score

2 Likes

Considering my normal bag is an automatic 3 strokes and I haven’t played Diamond Springs yet this feels like a layup to sign up for.

Just need to see what June is looking like for us.

2 Likes

Can’t wait.

I think we should all post our setups in here with pics when we get them finalized so we can see all these glorious retro clubs.

2 Likes

Gonna have to post em here or send me pictures directly to get any bonus, might as well put em out for the community to oogle!

2 Likes

About time people paid for stuff upfront.

2 Likes

I was planning to walk, too, and just noticed that cart is included in the $85 entry fee… can we option our cart cost into bevvies if we’re walking?

2 Likes

Hm. Good question - I’ll have to ask the course. I imagine they’d be willing to work a deal of some sort, they’re good people. Call it tbd for now

2 Likes

Yeah I’d love to walk that place too.

1 Like

This event sounds awesome!

1 Like

Found the new/old woods at the golf show. Not bad for $20

4 Likes