FCF Presents The Classic Club Challenge, June 4th 2023 at The Mines Golf Course

5 Likes

What a great day out there! Frantically trying to sort out the scoring at the end was a great call back to prior FCF events cementing this as an instant classic.

9 Likes

After a long day on the course it’s nice to just snuggle into bed

8 Likes

I need a pic of you holding the gold boi! Congrats @tjesky72 !!

Can’t say enough good things about this past weekend!

Truly appreciate @David_is_Goliath for offering to guide me around Diamond Springs (and the eventual loaner balls after I ran out!), and to @JFlaga and @ToddHuhn for rounding out the foursome. That back 9 truly turned into a ‘so bad it’s good’ event that had us laughing at the bad shots.

@ScottC gave us plenty of valuable course knowledge to get around The Mines with our old sticks while showing off his swing that’s smoother than a Matthew McConaughey-delivered pickup line. Had a blast watching my cartner @sageat find fairway after fairway with his persimmon driver. Congrats to @tjesky72 on the win and thanks for the post-event round, nothing but class!

Big thanks to @Manhattan for putting the event together. Very much looking forward to future trips to the West side of the state because of this, and thanks to the rest of the East-to-Mid region people that made it out to participate.

10 Likes

I’ll second the fact that @Manhattan did a fantastic job, kudos. Also to anyone else who didn’t play I cannot recommend this enough (play the classic clubs, you end up enjoying the course/company rather than fretting over your score)

Next time you’re at Diamond A) hit me B) because I’ll show you how to take a short walk down the ravines to leave the course with more balls than you came with

5 Likes