FCF Presents The Classic Club Challenge, June 4th 2023 at The Mines Golf Course

Outstanding stuff. Thank you for wrangling us all. Can’t wait to see The Mines (and Grand Rapids) again.

6 Likes

Awesome! I can’t wait to Sherpa some folks around. WITB pics coming soon

7 Likes

I know it’s week of but if anyone needs an alt let me know

2 Likes

we can make it work man, come on out!

1 Like

Well GIFs | Tenor

3 Likes

Okay okay, I’ve been injured so I apologize for not getting the sticks out and following through. I’ll be rocking what is basically a high school dream set. The 3 wood is actually one I’ve used intermittently from like 2009 to this year. And I have such vivid memories of absolutely drooling over the R9 supertri working in the golf shop in high school.

3 Likes

Yeahhhh 16 year old me is in awe! I love it, its like the guy next to you has tour gear in his bag

2 Likes

Final setup after some testing. Fresh grips on the bennys brought back some great memories.

3 Likes

The bag is very additive to the overall anesthetic

Got my bag all set. Probably need to swap a new grip onto the 5w but am ready to go otherwise.
Super excited about all of it, but there’s something really exciting about playing my great grandfather’s putter.

5 Likes

WITB:

D- TaylorMade Ti Bubble 2
3W - Cobra Baffler (steel shaft, ‘78)
5W, 7W - TaylorMade Ti Bubble 2
3 - E - Hogan Apex Channel Backs
SI - Hogan Special - SI
Putter - PING Answer 3

I’ve only hit the irons so far…hope to hit the long stuff before Sunday, if not, be prepared for some fireworks! The putter is my brothers first ‘new club’ he ever got in 1982ish, my birth year. Looking forward to Sunday fellas!

7 Likes

Working on my WITB for tomorrow and have most clubs solidly in the ‘retro’ category. Does anyone know when this wedge was made? I got it used around 2005-6 so it might not qualify. Cleveland DIADIC 588 tour action wedge.

4 Likes

Was listening to the Nest Pod today, and I believe @Cody dropped out he’s going to be traveling through Grand Rapids this weekend. Just wanted to tag him in and let him know there’s an opportunity to pack an old set and join us out there

5 Likes

I get in at 11. Believe that is past tee times. But would love to swing by and have a beer

10 Likes

We should be coming off 18 right around 1230 - 1. Would love to have you out if it fits your schedule. No specific plan on the post round bevvies yet but we can put the word out when decisions are made. We’ll have to make a little bit of a scene somewhere to hand out this dope trophy

3 Likes

I’m going to declare this a retro set but welcome the discussion with the group.

Driver - Taylormade burner 420
5W - offbrand Orlimar trimetal
3-PW - Wilson FG 51s
SW - Wilson Dyna Power Staff Model
Putter - 1985 Ping Anser (not pictured as my father still uses it and I can only borrow it for Sunday).

Newest club is the driver ~2002

7 Likes

A great time had by all! Our winner is @tjesky72
We’re heading to westside social for a snack and cold brewskis. See anyone who wants to join us there! @Cody :thinking:

3 Likes

Lemme know what the top 5 was for FcF points when you get a minute!

2 Likes

Nmd. Found it in the sheet. LETS GO @CarlyRaeJepsenFan !!

3 Likes

5 Likes