Dry Heat GC Presents: The Inaugural Chile Pepper Classic - Albuquerque, NM | April 15

Just talked with the Los Altos pro and our format for Saturday 4/15 is set (in pencil). They have a shotgun tournament that morning but that will leave plenty of time for us to play there in the afternoon. So I am proposing:

8:30ish: UNM North (delightful 9 hole course)

• format: 2v2 net best ball matches
  • players on winning teams get a 3 point boost to their afternoon quota score
  • losing teams start at 0
  • halved match: all players get 1 point
  • we can refine this, but opening with best ball is always a nice friendly handshake for a competitive-ish day of golf

1:00ish: Los Altos

• format: individual quota with bonus points outlined above

That should leave time to get lunch somewhere nearby (plenty of good options in the UNM / Nob Hill area).

Additional Friday and Sunday rounds will be at Marty Sanchez (Santa Fe) and the UNM South Championship course.

Happy Pi Day for those who celebrate!

7 Likes

Sounds like an awesome weekend

1 Like

Are we doing 1 loop? 69 loops?

Just one since we have to play there in the AM.

1 Like

How do you decide which poor bastard ends up with me in the morning round?

1 Like

I arrive friday at 11:45, If the friday round is in the afternoon I would love to join!

1 Like

You can pick your partner if you want to take on two bladetheists: myself and @jsg_nado

2 Likes

Can I ask questions, have open and honest discussion, and look at the toys without having to go down to the front of the church and convert at the end of the round?

2 Likes

Absostinkinlutely!

2 Likes

Are you leaving late enough to also play Sunday?

1 Like

Flight leaves at 4:10, so yes if itā€™s in the morning

1 Like

Greetings! We are nearly two weeks out so I wanted to see if schedules have firmed up so that I can lock in our tee time details. Specifically looking for Friday arrival and preferred playing times (@Waffles @Jpop942 @wiz @hannajb8 @tbrooks), Saturday IN/OUT (@Breakfast_Ball_Hite @wiz @Blinkman2) and Sunday updates as well. I wonā€™t be able to play late Friday, so trying to figure out Friday itinerary is a little tricky. Let me know what itā€™s looking like.

2 Likes

Confirming Iā€™ll be rolling into town with @Waffles Thursday night so Friday morning works and then good for any time Saturday and Sunday.

Edit: Sunday tbd per Waffles message below

2 Likes

Definitely in on Friday and Saturday. Still gonna figure out what time I need to head home on Sunday.

1 Like

1 Like

I will be a No for Friday. Was hoping Iā€™d be able to bail on work early for a PM round but since it will be in Santa Fe I donā€™t think I can anymore. My game off the tee is in a dark place right now but looking forward to choppin it up Saturday with you all.

2 Likes

I might try to arrange a Friday afternoon nine for after the drive back from Santa Fe. Watch this space.

3 Likes

Is this where we make a pitch for teammates if we donā€™t have one? Or is it a random selection?

2 Likes

Yes! Teams for the Sat AM nine are fully negotiable at competitorsā€™ discretion. It will be net best ball so no handicap index restrictions on pairs.

2 Likes

Since we have critical mass for Friday morning, here is the updated itinerary:

Friday AM: 18 at Marty Sanchez Links de Santa Fe
Friday PM: late 9 somewhere in ABQ

• Our best/favorite muni (Arroyo Del Oso) is aerating greens next week so they will have had ~10 days to recover
  • Could play either of the Saturday courses here for a scouting mission

Saturday: 27 hole competition
Sunday AM: 18 at UNM Championship

• I wonā€™t be able to play here. I had been down on this course but it won me back last week. You guys will love it if you stick to the white or blue tees and no farther back.
1 Like