Dry Heat GC Presents: The Inaugural Chile Pepper Classic - Albuquerque, NM | April 15

Will save some airBNBs in the nob hill area and share later. What amenities does the group want? I’m thinking backyard with fireplace is non negotiable.

2 Likes

Agreed on fire pit/fireplace. A hot tub may be nice after long days on the course as well if the price is right. Not critical though.

2 Likes

I was going to get a hotel because 1. I snore and 2. I work nights, so I tend to be up late and a zombie in the morning, but if we’re doing hot tubs with dudes I’ve never met (not that there’s anything wrong with that), well…

2 Likes

Slim pickings by nob hill. Here’s one we don’t mind pink decorations (no hot tub)

https://abnb.me/cYHBPIwdXxb

Only other 3 bedroom option near nob hill, this one has a hot tub

https://abnb.me/9eEMcJweXxb

Edit: Any locals have opinions on secondary locations/neighborhoods to look at? This one is north a bit but looks great.

https://abnb.me/K0Mt09kgXxb

2 Likes

Just to loop y’all in. I got crazy bad vertigo symptoms out of the blue a week ago Thursday. Still pretty loopy, not sure how my head will be even 6 weeks out (since nothing seems to be helping). I’m still on the list, plan to play, particularly since I’m moving out of ABQ end of April. Will keep y’all posted…

3 Likes

Flights are booked. Get there Friday at 6:30pm, sadly have to get back to SLC on the early side Sunday so taking an early AM flight back Sunday. @jsg_nado I will probably get a rental car just in case and will get a big minivan or something, I have a free day or two to burn.

2 Likes

Stoked you’ll be able to make it! We started a DM chat for airbnbs. You want in on that? Saw you expressed initially when you weren’t 100% certain if you’d be able to make it.

2 Likes

For sure!

3 Likes

I got some clarity on Spring aeration dates and it looks like we will be in pretty good shape. The UNM courses will be punching and sanding the week of 3/27 so they won’t be fully recovered, but they won’t be completely awful either. Los Altos and Marty Sanchez won’t be doing theirs until after our weekend. I have a call in with the Los Altos pro to get a block of tee times, will try again later in the week. Booking doesn’t open to anyone until 7 days in advance so nothing to worry about.

Question for the AZ folks: will you be coming over Thursday night or Friday? Trying to determine which days to pencil in Marty Sanchez (in Santa Fe) and UNM South (in ABQ) for the Friday and Sunday rounds.

Reminder that the itinerary is:

Friday 3/14 - 18 holes at Marty Sanchez or UNM South
Saturday 4/14 - 18 holes at Los Altos and 9 holes at UNM North (perhaps a second loop pending schedule and tiredness and what not)
Sunday 4/15 - 18 holes at Marty Sanchez or UNM South

2 Likes

Depends on @Waffles work schedule for me at least. Whenever he gets that we’ll have an answer for you.

1 Like

All Friday and Sunday rounds counting or just Saturday?

1 Like

For the competitive portion: Saturday only.

1 Like

The first one is probably gonna be your best option work walkability (looks like it’s right around where @Waffles stayed when he was here .
The second one should be fine, but not super walkable to bars and restaurants (maybe like 30ish minutes to the closest ones in Nob Hill).
Someone who knows the north side of town better than me might have to chime in on the third option cc: @RolandOfGilead

1 Like

I should know the week of Mar 20th if i’m in for Friday or not

1 Like

Option 2 is very close to where we will be playing Saturday and in a nice quiet pocket of the city. 3 is kinda far away in the nondescript side of town (no offense to anyone). I’d go with 2.

We actually collected a few more people so two of those options are too small. We got a DM going to figure one out, couple new options lined up. 2 might be the play.

Not walking distance to bars but not really any better options large enough. If we get one more person maybe we end up doing two houses and could be in walking range

2 Likes

I just recently signed up for the nest and happened to stumble on this thread within like a day of logging in. Trying to figure out what days I can play but I am local here in abq if there are any other questions - not a super walkable town in general but concur with the other user that the north side of town is even less so. There are some good breweries over here but it’s more of a hassle to get around.

Do we need to have a handicap for the competition part on Saturday? Or how will that day work? Can I attend and not compete? Life happened last year and I barely got out and don’t even know if my ghin account is still active.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Nest! Glad you’re here. Appreciate the insight into ABQ for us out of towners. I will defer to the captain @RolandOfGilead for the play/compete stuff. Idk what’s been booked and what hasn’t already as far as tee times go but I’m sure we’d love to have you out!

1 Like

Thanks! Ok, I tentatively signed up for now but will see what he says.

Had planned on getting out this weekend but weather might not cooperate. It should be great come April though!

3 Likes

Awesome! Yes the Saturday competitive stuff will be based on handicap, but it is totally optional. More than welcome to play with us as a marker.

3 Likes