Dry Heat GC Presents: The Inaugural Chile Pepper Classic - Albuquerque, NM | April 15

Not sure if it will be open, or you wanna drop serious coin, but Pa’ako ridge on the backside of the Sandias is pretty cool. They have 27 holes, typically the 3rd 9 is $25 if you pay for 18. But it is HIGH up, so likely will be closed still…

Confirmed with work/spouse I can’t get off Friday but I am good for all day golf sat/sun.

I am very in on black mesa, looks super neat. Also (against recommendations) would be super down for UNM Championship course. If anyone wants to join me for 36 on sunday that is my plan as of right now.

(I can be talked off of UNM South though)

2 Likes

Only potential logistical snag is that it’s a solid 90 minute drive between those two courses and the days aren’t that long. Sunset is around 7:30 so it would be possible but very tight.

2 Likes

Sounds like a challenge to me

Black mesa then twilight UNM North loop might be more doable?

1 Like

Yes I had the same thought. We will most likely hit the North 9 to make 27 holes on Saturday but it is always fun to replay from different tees and pins.

1 Like

How does everyone feel about this:

18 hole Quota round to determine match play seeding

9 hole one-on-one matches with eight clubs

The Quota round would be with a full max-14 club bag.

5 Likes

I like one on one matches, would rather have it where players agree how many clubs to use. That way you dont get two people matched together playing with 8 when they both would rather play with 14

2 Likes

@RolandOfGilead After my round this morning I can confirm both the 3-iron and the persimmon will be making the trip to ABQ. Starting to get some serious confidence with the woody. Absolutely striping it.

Also: those looking for air bnb I would be in on joining. My friend in town moved pretty far outside of ABQ proper (works at the labs) so won’t be staying with him.

3 Likes

I have moved to a 975J partially due to completing forgetting how to hit the persimmon. But a couple months should be perfect timing for a refresh to jump back over. The courses I have in mind are all great for the woodies.

1 Like

Flights booked :raised_hands: getting out there in the afternoon on friday and leaving in the eve on sunday.

4 Likes

Hell yeah. We need to talk Airbnb as well. @Waffles and I are likely going that route.

Anyone else want to go in with us? I can start looking at options once I have a headcount.

5 Likes

Let us Burqueños know if you need help picking a location. Definitely suggest the area @Waffles was in last time he was here

2 Likes

I am a firm maybe, I know that doesn’t help with planning but I am 50/50 on being able to go right now. Let me know if you need a concrete answer at any point but if I can go I would be down to split an Airbnb and potentially carpool out there

1 Like

No sweat. We still six weeks till the event so have time to figure it out. I would think most places that fit 3-4 people can also fit 4-5 if need be as well. Carpooling makes the most sense as well if it works with schedules. @Waffles and I are driving out. Will defer to him for if we have room for another. I think he’s trying to know what his schedule will be then as well as far as when we are headed out.

2 Likes

Still awaiting my boss to put out the schedule/knowing how early I can leave.

I can fit 3 pretty comfortably with bags and etc. we will have to get creative with packing but Wiz is invited.

2 Likes

For airbnb folks coming out from AZ if there is a way for me to fit in the trunk on the way to golf sat/sun and not need a rental car that would be delightful

I have started looking at airbnb on my breaks and all the houses look like minecraft houses. So square. Kinda love it ngl

3 Likes

I think we could make it work since there won’t be suit cases. My bag is tiny.

2 Likes

I’m confirmed in

4 Likes

3 Likes

Bumping this thread for any @DryHeat folks we talked with this weekend. Sign up sheet and details are up here. Come join us in the Land of Enchantment!

3 Likes