DFW Match Play Tournament - Championship Match on 10/2

Thanks for the recap @DuckDuckHook…one minor clarification. There was no bladed bunker shot on 16. I took an extra club to not leave the 30yd bunker shot in the sand. It went further than I wanted but it provided t a leisurely two putt from 30’ to close out the match. I must clarify because it’s the first hosel/hosel adjacent free round I’ve played in quite some time (cc @chaser)

Make no mistake, @SliceyMcShankerston golfed his ball today and left me no room for error. Fortunately I kept hitting greens and leaving myself with a lot of easy par putts to hang in there. I knew I needed a lead before 14 where he would get a shot for 14-15-16 and fortunately enough shots bounced my way even if the putts didn’t want to drop in.

7 Likes

Hello everybody…

Hoping to start getting a better idea of when everyone is available for the Championship Match. @chaser and @DadBod brought up the idea of doing it at Texas Rangers and I think it’s been widely accepted as the perfect venue. We have someone in our midst someone (don’t want to doxx but he can chime in if he so chooses) that has a personal relationship with the course designer - Trey Kemp - and we’re going to see if he would be interested in coming out for it as well.

I’ll be posting a poll below with some Saturday/Sunday dates to gage everyone’s availability. Please select any and all dates that you would be available for this so we can start getting the ball rolling. We’ll keep it in this thread initially and then can extend it to the greater Texas thread at a later time if we so choose.

4 Likes
What date(s) works best for you to play TRGC and watch the Championship Match?
  • Saturday, 1/9
  • Sunday, 1/10
  • Saturday, 1/16
  • Sunday. 1/17
  • Saturday, 1/23

0 voters

Honestly most of those days work for me, just a matter of how many sick zero restriction layers I need to buy for which day we choose.

1 Like

I guess it truly comes down to which day(s) work for the individuals in the final too. Ideally there’s a day or two in there that works for all 4 in the semis so we can start working towards locking something down.

Are we planning on moving the conversation elsewhere given the recent refuge news? For those of us planning on/not able to join the nest?

The event and roll call threads will likely stay open. Let’s wait and see.

2 Likes

I entered this tournament as a 3.2 but my index has blown up to 5.4 in the last month and a half. @Kgilles5 made every putt he looked at against me and I started to convulse over every 6-footer. I need a rematch sometime!

1 Like

Mornin’ fellas!

@angray1997 and I have our match set for Sunday, Dec 6, with an 8:24am tee time at Cedar Crest. Just us two right now, feel free to join us if able! I reserved 4 spots knowing we could convince a couple of you to make it out.

1 Like

I’ll be there on Saturday and will be sure to leave some good vibes out there for your match the following day.

1 Like

@mctrees02 smoked @Kgilles5 in the semis of the Lefty Bracket on a chilly morning at Irving today. He was under par after nine, shot a 74, and will move on to the finals. No word yet of any protest or handicap investigations as this is @mctrees02 second consecutive round in the 70s in the tournament.

6 Likes

@chaser got the dub today after a great match out at Cedar Crest. After being 4 down thru 6 I knew I needed some swing oil so I cracked open a Miller and proceeded to win the next 3 holes. After a back and forth back 9, it came down to me needing to win 18 to force extra holes. Tied the hole.

Good luck to @chaser in the finals!

5 Likes

Congrats @mctrees02 and @chaser! Fitting that it comes down to a true Fort Worth v Dallas final. Righty v Lefty. So many storylines.

8 Likes

Let’s get some betting going in here.

1 Like

I’ve got bourbon for wagering…

@SliceyMcShankerston any chance we can get an updated bracket?

1 Like

Look at Pete (Four) Rose(s) over here wagering on his own match. You just shut up and swing, and let us losers gamble.

2 Likes

@DuckDuckHook you good with a medium? #GoodLuckCharm

I seem to remember something about @mctrees02 never losing a match to @chaser

2 Likes

Many people are saying . . .

Our last match at Arcadia Bluffs had zero halved holes