I realized I only posted this notice in the Norcal Roost + Bay Area Thread. Cross-posting here for public posterity.
Last year, 72 refugees/nesticals joined together in our second NIT qualifier. We raised $6500 for CASA of Alameda , gave away $2000+ in prizes, and had so much fun that we’re running it back, y’all.
We’ll bring back all the magic from last year–the firm and fast conditions, good vibes, a sweet pre-tournament event, a few career-day scores, and helping a local organization. But we’ll also improve the day based on what we learned last year. This year we’ll be:
- Playing the entire tournament on the Corica North Course
- Simplifying the ways we can contribute to charity
- Working to improve the pace-of-play on tournament day
- Working with more sponsors to provide snacks and beverages throughout the day
- Using Golf Genius for both tournament registration and live scoring
- Charity: We’ll continue to support CASA of Alameda County . Every child needs someone in their corner. That trusted adult can be hard to find for children and youth facing the complex foster care system. CASA advocates for youth navigating the complex court system. Donations will be raised through raffle tickets, entry fees, and our pre-event meet up. Last year we hit 5.5K raised with an additional $1k donated by Corica Park. We’d love to hit that number again this year.
- Course: We have reserved Corica Park North Course in Alameda, CA. We will be playing 27 holes during the day. The course plans on setting two different pin locations for us. So we’ll be getting pretty creative out there!
- Date: 3/25/23. First tee time goes off at 6:55am
- Cost: $180 which includes 27 holes + breakfast/snacks + a ton of prizes + a donation to our charity, CASA of Alameda County. You can further support CASA by purchasing raffle tickets for $10 each (unlimited amount).
- Number of NIT Spots: TBD. Official NIT spots are still being sorted out by NLU. We will continue to work with them to get a clear answer soon.
- Format: Two-person teams (by random draw). Since we’re looping the course three times, we’ll do one loop of Fourball, one loop of Scramble, and one loop of Modified Alt Shot.
- Field Size: 72 spots!
- Pre-tournament meet up: Much like last year, our very own @RBarTod offered to host us on Friday, 3/24 at his bar The Wreck Room. Details still pending, but this is another great opportunity to hang with the crew, donate some money to CASA, and get tacos and beer in your system before the golf begins.
So, what do you do now?
Register at this link: 2023 Chunks at the Chuck NIT Qualifier Event :: NOTE: WE ARE AT CAPACITY, BUT YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR WAITLIST HERE. THERE IS A 100% CHANCE WE WILL CALL PLAYERS UP FROM THE WAITLIST.
There are three other ways to #GetInvolved.
1. Raffle Tickets: We are at $2500 in donations with entry fees to this point, but only about 20% of the players signed up bought any raffle tickets. Each raffle entry is $10, and the entire $10 goes to CASA of Alameda. Even people not attending the tournament can participate here. You can buy an unlimited amount of tickets to win things like Golf Works giftcards, rounds at private courses, and more. Tickets must be purchased by March 15 or so. If interested in this, reach out to me for Venmo information.
2. Business Sponsorships: Last year, we had some awesome business sponsors– Blumaka, SF Custom Chiro, Pink Spider, Western Gales, and The Wreck Room. Sponsorships help us increase our donations to CASA and provide breakfast and snacks to our players throughout the day. We plan on continuing our tradition of first-tee brunch + mid-round snacks, so if you own a business OR think the company you work at would be interested in making a tax-deductible donation to charity, please reach out to @fullbodyfix. Sponsorships are inexpensive but have an immeasurable impact in ensuring the day is enjoyable.
3. Prize or raffle item donations: Entry fees cover about $1500 in prizes for the tournament, but we can always use more prizes and charity raffle items to ensure more people walk away feeling like a champion. Are you a country club member and would like to donate a round? Maybe you work in the golf industry and have some gift cards you can spot our way? Work in the food and beverage industry and want to show off your restaurant’s wares? Anything and everything goes! If interested here, reach out to @giles and me, and we’ll get your items included in our prize or raffle list.