Cincy 3.0: The All Star at Avon Fields--Buy Raffle Tickets and Bid in Auctions post 963

The @Bullseye and @Geaugolf collaboration is pure gold in my eyes. Like one of those years in sports where there’s a really obvious first overall pick like Zion Williamson. Need one of those catchy phrases like “suck for luck” or “riggin’ for Wiggins”

We can talk price if you get the first overall pick

8 Likes

Bleau for Geau

12 Likes

Someone say Randomizer? :eyes:

5 Likes

Surprise coming tomorrow, thinking debut will be Saturday sometime during lunch. I’m G I D D Y for this.

I need a volunteer. @anon3021505 your presence will be mandatory.

3 Likes

I am confused. I can’t volunteer but I have to be there? And I have to be there tomorrow or Saturday?

Saturday. I need one other person.

2 Likes

There will be no monetary funds exchanged for picks. None.

1 Like

I’ll do it if that’s alright. No clue what I’m signing up for but I’m down

3 Likes

What about digital funds? How about non-monetary, such as favors/gifts? Can we barter amongst ourselves?

@DingleJones you got it

1 Like

Your spot is your spot!

8 Likes

Bump. Buy tickets

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/cincy-3-0-the-all-star-at-avon-fields-buy-raffle-tickets-and-bid-in-auctions-post-963/57420/971?u=lostinthewoods

3 Likes

I bought a driver on CPO a few months back and I was in love with it. I haven’t enjoyed hitting a driver much in my adult golfing career, but it was a revelation. I noticed that it had an Align grip on it when I got it and the grip was ALIGNED (GET IT) way off. Like if you hold it on the align bump thing the face was way open.

Well, I have struggled with snap hooks for the last few years and, what do you know?! Not so much the miss anymore! Was it the shaft? The club itself? God? Me swinging like a rational person and not a maniac? WAS IT THE GRIP?!

I decided it was the grip. The grip could never be changed. The grip was the reason for the success.

In the months that have followed, the grip has become maybe the slickest grip in the nation. But I couldn’t change it. The GRIP WAS THE KEY! That fucking Align bump was the cure for my ailments! Saturday, a BRISK 40* with 20 mph winds, I couldn’t hold on to the club. It had to be done. The change need be made. I wanted to put it off until after Cincy, but I am not about to throw my driver into a pond or something because I have chilly hands.

Anyway, that’s my way of bumping this thread so someone fucking says something warning everyone that the snapper is going to be back in full effect all weekend and to get hyped to see me struggle mightily.

That god damn grip was the key. Watching it get cut off was like watching my handicap rise 4 strokes.

9 Likes

You know they still sell those grips right? And would put it on cockeyed or however you want?

@KC_Badger 's friend had his on upside down to align his thumbs and it fucked with my head but it might be brilliant.

3 Likes

There’s no way to know if we would have been successful. What if we did that and I ONLY missed right forever? What if we OVER ALIGNED THE ALIGNMENT, Oui?

You can’t get perfection back. You just appreciate what you had and miss it when it’s gone.

2 Likes

Maybe the grip we needed all along was the one we had on our sanity.

Thanks for coming to my Throob talk.

3 Likes

This would be an extremely unsuccessful venture.

Would save millions on catering though.

6 Likes

Ben Hogan did this too, albeit by sticking stirrer straws or something similar underneath his grip.

He also fought a hook.

What I’m saying is @HaveOuimet is the voice of reason here. Go buy a new grip and stop self-sabotaging.

5 Likes

This was a mistake. Now I’m about to be even more in my head about this fucking grip. Hahahahaha.

4 Likes

That’s not the worst thing I’ve read all day. But also not the best.

2 Likes