Cincy 3.0: The All Star at Avon Fields--Buy Raffle Tickets and Bid in Auctions post 963

I liked this after you deleted it. That’s how confident I am I would have liked it anyway

Edit: I’ll make a proper zombie and sneak it in. Big tiki drink guy over here

2 Likes

Alright, I’m bored, and I think we need some suggestions for a format to be played between @anon3021505 and myself for the tattoo bet. Let’s hear it folks, poll to come after the suggestions are suggested.

Edit: suggestion. Just felt like it needed to be said one more time.

2 Likes

1-man scramble. if you hit a second shot, you have to use it.

10 Likes

Y’all play alt-shot together, whoever gets the ball in the hole wins the hole. But if you’re left holding the bag on say a double or triple and don’t hole out, you lose the hole.

4 Likes

This sounds actually kind of fun

1 Like

Slight edit to prevent full scale four corner offense with no shot clock.

3 Likes

Hmm I’m intrigued by this. What’s this you’re saying about bag holding though? Who loses if they haven’t holed out and they’re sitting +2 or something?

That question aside, I think this would get really interesting on the green. Like if I had a 15 foot putt do I only lag it to 10 feet? Let my opponent take the chance? Or risk missing it by two feet and giving them the easy win.

The more complicated it gets, the less interested I will be in it due to being a moron. So choose wisely, please.

3 Likes

It’s not fully thought out but seems like you need to incentivize trying to hole out or else it’s just perpetually putting away from the home. So if it comes to you and your shot is for either double or triple or something like that, you need to hole that shot or else you lose the hole. Probably can still lead to playing away from the hole so you may need a gentleman’s agreement here to play to the hole. Not sure if it would work but seems kind of fun to try

1 Like

Yeah I’m with you, somehow you need to incentivize decent play. I wonder what would happen if you added a (modified) stableFord element. So now if you try to take on a 20 foot putt it would be worth 8 points provided you make it, but the comebacker is only worth 4 for your opponent.

Hmmm gotta think about this more, but I’m convinced there’s something here. Maybe you could add some other scoring opportunities. Like hitting a GIR gives you 2 points since you’re now giving your opponent a chance to make a decent score.

@imsocrabby I like this one man scramble too. Have you ever played it before? Seems like a good way to get each person playing pretty close to their best.

2 Likes

Incorporating the one mulligan and one recall of WWOG would be cool

1 Like

Now we are talking. Love the mulligan and call back

we play it all the time. add a stableford point scoring system and its gets really good. judging when and when not to take the second swing is really interesting.

2 Likes

It’s just how I generally look.

17 Likes

This sounds fun.

3 Likes

Came across the Glacier Gang this morning. Apparently they’re stealing cars all around the Cincy suburbs. Kinda wild.

Supposedly they’ve moved into the South Dayton suburbs also. We’ve been told to make sure the cars and the doors are locked tight.

When are you getting into town? I’d be interested in a game (no tattoo bet).

2 Likes

Anyone else staying at the Courtyard in MIdtown/Rookwood?

1 Like

This is the best ferrule design, all the finest players on here use them.

3 Likes