Cincy 3.0: The All Star at Avon Fields--Buy Raffle Tickets and Bid in Auctions post 963

I thought everything was just a coke.

1 Like

At the time of this post I’m triggered by 47% of you.

2 Likes

I thought the theme was baseball, but it’s definitely called soda and not pop.

Also, is this the defining line for where the Midwest and the South split?

Cc: @aannddyy00

8 Likes

I am coming up from Louisville and I cannot wait. I may only enjoy golf Friday/Saturday with no overnight stay, but who can truly say…Definitely can’t swing Sunday.

The theme might be a Tennessee funeral too. Have you heard of Annie Oakley?

2 Likes

My heart hurts that I am #23 on the waitlist.

How very Texan of you

This might be the biggest fake ‘Texan’ thing out there. Been living here for 19 years and never actually heard someone ask for a coke when asking for a soda.

5 Likes

In a similar boat in Tennessee. I hear a lot of people who claim they say coke for everything when this exact topic is brought up but have rarely heard it used in person.

I would say 99% of my friends who grew up in the south just call the drink by the brand name or drink name.

I rarely hear soda or pop. To the point where if someone does say it, it makes me pause.

3 Likes

It’s all coke, man.

2 Likes

So as a 20 handicap and 12th alternate, should I simp holeout and imsocrabby for this event. . . nah, I’m good.

1 Like

100% yes you should. This is a gui that will definitely play well above his handicap when needed

FYI - I will be updating the details and FAQ posts with new information periodically. Any big change will likely warrant more, but I have stickied both of those posts at the top of the thread in my original post, just so you can easily get to them as the thread deepens.

8 Likes

Updated per discussion in this thread

10 Likes

wtf is all this about pop?

Do I need to order this?

6 Likes

That’s a funny way to spell Barq’s

7 Likes

Root beer starts and ends with IBC.

I rather drink blended up black licorice than Barq’s, but I can’t deny they have the market cornered on merch:

Also what gives us second class citizens can only embed one image into a post >:(

5 Likes

Damn. Hand up. I always thought it was Barg’s.
And why didn’t anyone ever correct me?!?

1 Like

And if we’re all bringing soda hats, just let me know when I need to smash that buy now button.

3 Likes