Chicagoland Matchplay Tournament 2023 - 2CGC Team Qualifier

Whats our R1 deadline?

1 Like

10/2. Then round two hopefully done by early November.

4 Likes

Where would a guy like me find his r1 opponent?

2 Likes

My bad. Thought the bracket existed somewhere in this thread.

https://challonge.com/2CGCMatchPlay2023

@OliverLinks played a bag full of hot air today and won handily 6&5 (I think?) at the famed Joe ā€œThe Champā€ Louis.

Despite some grizzled play on my behalf, the company was fantastic and the course is a beacon for south side affordable golf. Green complexes were fun, and pins were in questionable placements, but had a ton of fun. Unreal control off the tee for Nick, who gets bonus points for rocking a 2CGC tat.

Would love to be a third when @OliverLinks plays winner of @Gibbler and @djheadley.

4 Likes

@Gibbler took me down last week in what some people are calling the match of the summer. Heā€™s a true mudder

@OliverLinks and @Gibbler cab play their match and @Pinehurts and I can play a secondary match as we watch on from the sidelines

5 Likes

@djheadley Definitely was the match of the summer, Iā€™d say it rivals the P Reed Rory Ryder cup match without the crowds and shushing. Well plus the two inches of rain, might not have been the prettiest golf but definitely the grittiest golf was played that day.

Iā€™ll be game to play my match with @OliverLinks whenever works best for everyone. Hopefully we get some better weather!

2 Likes

It was a great time out on the champ. Great match with @Pinehurts a true gentleman. Looking forward to squaring off with @Gibbler! Fall golf is here and I love me some fall golf. @djheadley looking forward to a very solid group.

4 Likes

Great day yesterday with @BadBrad despite him reaching into my throat and removing my spine, metaphorically speaking, to defeat me 5&4. Weā€™re on to 2024.

8 Likes

Always a great time playing with @Wyclef. Perfect night and amazing pace. We played 27 holes in 3:30. I think if the match continued the full 27 I would have been in deep trouble because he was flag hunting after the match was over.

6 Likes

Looking forward to getting out there and playing my match against @OliverLinks as well. I mean I have to be honest, with the comparison to Flushinā€™ Harris English, I donā€™t know if I stand much of a chance. Yeh, fall golf is the best if we can just extend the daylight a bit longer and you know avoid the W word that followsā€¦ Iā€™m pretty booked up the next two weekends but Iā€™ll be free to play any weekend in October so let me know when works best and hopefully we can get something on the books then.

1 Like

@Gibbler October is wide open for me letā€™s get out there and hunt for golf balls in the leaves!

4 Likes

Still wanna play on 10/2, @kmcswain?

1 Like

Had a blast with @mduenas3 out at Schaumburg GC today despite a couple brief showers and an even briefer run in with a coyote. In the end it was a 4 & 2 victory for the Moth man. @Kbergen28 Iā€™ll hit your dms. Already really liked SGC and it continues to grow on me.

Matt had a great idea to do a team match play tournament for the roost at some point. Iā€™m sure having teams would make scheduling a bit more difficult, so maybe itā€™s a bit of a longer term project and not for a qualifying spot in any other tournament, but simply local glory. But would certainly be fun and build comradery. Also who doesnā€™t love team golf?

Last thing, @TeddyPargame, I know it is 6 months away, but when do March Mudness signups open?

7 Likes

I need to give it some bandwidth and contemplate field size. I may make it to Willā€™s Thursday night and we can noodle it with a jury of our peers.

worst case weā€™ll discuss it over some cold beers or hot cider after bent the crook.

3 Likes

City v. suburbs would be a ton of fun.

4 Likes

I had a blast man and definitely will get together again! Forever has to play you next let them be warned this man will drain par putts from 10 feet out every time

1 Like

Are we still looking for a July '23 event? If so I wouldnā€™t mind trying to get something rolling there.

Really hope you can! Iā€™m planning on it as well.

1 Like

Great idea - way in on a City vs Suburbs Ryder Cup style event.

And it may provide the necessary animosity for @BadBrad to start his breakaway Western Suburbs Roost.

7 Likes

Having the city vs. suburbs event in a truly neutral area (Normal) would be great. Forget playing St. Louis.

2 Likes