Charity Raffle for 2024 NLU Texas Cup

I can’t believe it’s Texas Cup time again; this is our fourth year to have a team from each of Houston, Dallas, and Austin+SanAntonio play each other in a two-day, three-round ryder cup format. This years event is April 5th - 7th, 2024, and we’re still loving the instagram life at Pine Dunes Golf Club in Frankston, TX. 2024 Event Thread HERE. Note that if you have any sort of tie to any of the four cities represented, it’s worth touching base with the captains (check event thread) as we seem to ALWAYS need 1 or 2 players last minute.

By virtue of taking the trophy home last year (not to mention the two years prior to that also), the Austin/San Antonio team retains the charity choice. The 2023 NLU Texas Cup this year will benefit Wonders and Worries, which provides counseling and therapy services for the families, especially the children, for folks afflicted with cancer and other medical challenges. Houston STROHs member @jsavoie88 has recently joined the board there, and the organization is doing amazing things.

I’d like to say that the Texas Cup team has done an incredible job of tracking down donations this year, and they continue to roll in. The prize list this year is the best of any year we’ve had - we’ve got almost $3k in retail value already (item list in the first comment below), and donations continue to come in. You WANT to be a part of this.

RAFFLE DETAILS

• Everyone can play in the raffle! If you buy a ticket, you could win, you just have to be on the thread on the 9th to claim your prize should your number be drawn! You do not have to be playing in the event to be in the raffle!
  • We will be holding a charity raffle on WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3rd at 8 PM Central right here on the Refuge in this thread.
  • Raffle tickets will be $5 each. You can buy an unlimited amount of tickets (see below for process).
  • Tickets will be drawn through an online randomizer and results posted in the thread.
  • Winner picks their item. Once it’s selected, the item is gone. If you are not present, you get moved to end of line or can show up and pick. You can also have someone pick for you by proxy (like, text them or something). It just has to be posted on the thread, for record-keeping.
  • Since you get your pick, you can only win once. Shares the wealth and keeps everyone invested. (edit - organizers reserve the right to let people win multiple times if we have more items than we do people purchasing tickets)

DONATIONS STILL ACCEPTED

• We are still accepting items for the raffle. If you have some golf (or non golf) adjacent items to donate, please DM me!

HOW TO BUY TICKETS?

• Open this spreadsheet and mark down the number of tickets you want.
  • Send me the money on Venmo - my handle is at the top of the tickets tab
  • I will confirm receipt of the money, and update the sheet accordingly.
  • Tickets can be purchased up until 7:30 pm central time on Wednesday, April 3rd.

I would really love to see us sell enough tickets to cover the retail value of the donated items; right now, that’s ~$3000. At $5 a ticket, our goal is 600 tickets. You can do it - let’s pump up these numbers to help families in need.

Tagging the captains from each city in case they have anything they’d like to add - @SewillZ (Houston), @omarmjhd (Austin + San Antonio), @Insulin_And_Bogeys (Dallas)

12 Likes

Current list of possible prizes …

Item # Item Description Donator’s Handle
1 Round for 3 at Conroe Country Club sewillz
2 Texas Cup Driver Cover - Astros Theme sewillz
3 Texas Cup Putter Cover - Astros Theme sewillz
4 Texas Cup Driver Cover sewillz
5 Texas Cup Putter Cover sewillz
6 Texas Cup Putter Grip sewillz
7 Wilson Staff Model Balls 1dz sewillz
8 Scotty Cameron 2023 Putter (Golf Galaxy ‘your specs’ order option, worth $449) jdonelson
9 Putter Fitting with Bobby Dean, Barton Creek Fitting (Austin) jdonelson
10 Ping G425 Driver, stiff shaft, new imsocrabby
11 Red and Green NLU ‘wayward drive’ logo towels robmmc
12 NLU stuff (details coming) robmmc
13 FootJoy Flex Shoes, NIB, 10.5 alitschi
14 Golf for 3 at Great Hills Chitwood
15 Golf for 3 at Hurricane Creek Country Club FishNChips12
16 Ironroot Republic Distilling Gift Basket FishNChips12
17 SWAG Golf Be Alert for Foul Balls Driver Cover jsavoie88
18 Evnroll ER2 black with gravity grip 34’’ w/ Evnroll blade headcover Jonny
19 Masters concession stand themed ball markers Timbrookshtx
20 Lie and Loft Print - Augusta Retro imsocrabby
21 Lie and Loft Print - 2-Print Zen Pack (bunker, great labirynth) (maybe Bandon?) imsocrabby
22 Lie and Loft Print - Whistling Straits imsocrabby

I’ve got pictures and/or retail links for some of the items if you want to see them, just ping me.

Reminder - if you want to donate a golf-adjacent or non-golf-adjacent item for the raffle, we’d love to have it.

1 Like

@GremlinGolfer @sundaybag @ChickPhilA @Privatecollection would love to see if there’s a way to give some awareness to the raffle on a higher-traffic area than this board, which sees very little random browsing. Also, if there’s any marketing budget you’d like to flush out to support our efforts, I’d be happy to take you up on a donation!

@Insulin_And_Bogeys @RobRosson @WhineyCracker52 @therealmarkymark tagging some of the Dallas crew … can y’all throw this info in your Discord, por favor?

@Hellyeahdude get those PacNW folks involved!

@jthomp I know the Rollers want in on this action!

4 Likes

@Jdonelson given any thought to firing up the STROHS instagram acct? Been pretty quiet since last summer. Easy way to get the word out.

1 Like

good call - I pinged our Social Cruise Director @omarmjhd to give 'er a little juice.

I’ll add in @duckhunter07 as well to throw this out on our Big Plex socials.

1 Like

I’m @anotherballromes in the rufuge. Sorry confused it with discord handle.

1 Like

I shared it on a few other Roosts discords.

A lot of Texas specific items in there so might be good to widen the variety for out of town folks. Anything I can help with, let me know!

3 Likes

(Auto Mod, this is not spam.)

I am a second third class citizen. I can’t post gifs. What have I become!?

5 Likes

5 Likes

Kazookid Wait A Minute Who Are You GIF - Kazookid Wait A Minute Who Are You Wait A Minute - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

bump … two weeks left! Some amazing things!

Getting down to the wire! Added four super-cool scotty cameron member’s putter covers (thanks @clktex!)

Item # Item Description Donator’s Handle
1 Round for 3 at Conroe Country Club (north Houston) sewillz
2 Texas Cup Driver Cover - Astros Theme sewillz
3 Texas Cup Putter Cover - Astros Theme sewillz
4 Texas Cup Driver Cover sewillz
5 Texas Cup Putter Cover sewillz
6 Texas Cup Putter Grip sewillz
7 Wilson Staff Model Balls 1dz sewillz
8 Scotty Cameron 2023 Putter (Golf Galaxy ‘your specs’ order option, worth $449) jdonelson
9 Putter Fitting with Bobby Dean, Barton Creek Fitting (Austin) jdonelson
10 Ping G425 Driver, stiff shaft, new imsocrabby
11 Red and Green NLU ‘wayward drive’ logo towels rmccall
12 NLU stuff (details coming) rmccall
13 FootJoy Flex Shoes, NIB, 10.5 alitschi
14 Golf for 3 at Great Hills Chitwood
15 Golf for 3 at Hurricane Creek Country Club (north of Dallas) FishNChips12
16 Ironroot Republic Distilling Gift Basket FishNChips12
17 SWAG Golf Be Alert for Foul Balls Driver Cover jsavoie88
18 Evnroll ER2 black with gravity grip 34’’ w/ Evnroll blade headcover Jonny
19 Masters concession stand themed ball markers Anotherballromes
20 Lie and Loft Print - Augusta Retro imsocrabby
21 Lie and Loft Print - 2-Print Zen Pack (bunker, great labirynth) (maybe Bandon?) imsocrabby
22 Lie and Loft Print - Whistling Straits imsocrabby
23 Round for 3 at Onion Creek Country Club (Austin) iceman
24 Round for 3 at Lady Bird GC (Fredricksburg) + Meal at Auslander rmccall
25 Scotty Cameron members putter cover - 2005 Christmas clktex
26 Scotty Cameron members putter cover - 2009 British Golf Championship clktex
27 Scotty Cameron members putter cover - 2008 Team USA clktex
28 Scotty Cameron members putter cover - 2006 US Golf Championship clktex

and more!

29 Jones ‘Ranger’ bag with small embroidering of your choices jdonelson

1 Like

this is the small shag bag / cooler bag that jones has, not a bag for clubs. Just being clear

tagging a few folks who bought tix in last years raffle, just in case y’all wanna get in again this year …

@dmmcgaha @todayletsgolf @aen19 @Hovlandia @Nah18 @meathaus @dbfoster58 @dflock24

@Insulin_And_Bogeys can you please circulate again through the DFW roost + network?

3 Likes

a few more … @PDX_Duffer @LonnieMollo @RBGambler

Thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

got your tickets! Thanks for the support again this year!