Central Pennsylvania (PA) Thread

Im listening.

Off topic. Wouldnā€™t hate putting together a NLU Central PA gathering/18 holes together.

2 Likes

Great day of golf.
I was lucky enough to trade a round of golf for a few photos for Country Club of York, a private Donald Ross course.
I extended an invite to @alexshreff and he drove 4! hours to join me. Never have we felt more like @tron and @Soly, total C-suite treatment.
We played from the back tees, got ejected, smoked some delicious stogies, and had a great Nassua match. (Alex won the last hole to bring the entire match to square)
Heck of a day. Thanks for making the trip Alex!

11 Likes

Shift work sucks. Playing golf by yourself, that also sucks. If anyone is interested Iā€™m off Wednesday and Thursday this week. Looking to get 18 in both days. Just extending the invite to anyone in the Lancaster York area or anywhere in central PA for that matter.

Hi all,

Live in NYC now but grew up in Lancaster. Not sure if anyone touched on this but Conestoga CC does a great deal where non-members can buy a 5 or 10 round ā€œpunch cardā€. Think itā€™s 55 bucks a round or so, but itā€™s a fantastic deal to play a formerly private now semi-private club. They will also do a ā€œmember for a dayā€ round if you call and just want to try the course out. A bit late in the season but something to think about for next year.

1 Like

I did this last year, nice place. Thinking about getting a punch card for next year.

Thanks for the heads-up. I live in York so may look into this for next season.

1 Like

Red Lion here.

Whats up Lancaster peeps first time long time here. Awesome to see a fellow no laying up contingent in the county. I see all my usual suspects course wise listed here already! Looking forward to hopefully getting some good discussion on the local courses and meeting up with some other NLU fans to go full Icarito!

3 Likes

Would love to get out on the course with all the Central PA refugeeā€™s.

1 Like

Anyone want to play a rainy round today? Iā€™m in the Lancaster area but would drive anywhere really to go somewhere interesting.

Hi @PurpleCobra619, I somehow missed your message earlier, but its great to have you here. I live in Lancaster City, unfortunately a large portion of my rounds are at Overlook, but I travel all over the area. Would love to tee it up with you.

@bishwap, Sounds great, but work duties are calling today. Have fun, I love rainy golf.

1 Like

Ah I live in Lititz so overlook is on my way home from work. Play a lot of walking 9ā€™s after work there in the summer. Donā€™t play there too terribly much on the weekends, being 2 yards off the fairway and blocked out by overhanging trees drives me bonkers. Iā€™m usually walking at foxcahse or driving down to wyncote or royal manchester. Looking into Conestoga too as a possibility in the future as well but havenā€™t played it yet. Iā€™d love to see what everyone elseā€™s thoughts are on it. We absolutely need to get a group together in the spring (although iā€™ll play year round above 40 degrees and light wind, was out walking at foxchase Saturday morning).

3 Likes

Same here, They need tree removal galore.
LOVE Wyncote and RM, I get up to Foxchase a few times a year, Iron Valley as well. Year round golfer.

2 Likes

I posted in the SE PA thread but I see a lot of courses listed here that Iā€™ve played so I figured Iā€™d say hello. I live very close to Inniscrone, Wyncote is 20 minutes away, I got fitted for my Cleveland clubs at Rock Manor, enjoyed Honeybrook twice this year (shot my first sub 100 round there so itā€™s near and dear to my heartā€¦lol) and have played Glen Mills once and probably will a bit more as thatā€™s a nice in between location for my work buds and myself.

Iā€™m in southern Chester County and almost into DE (Iā€™m just outside Hockessin and Newark in Landenberg) and while I belong to a CC I enjoy playing different tracks now and then.

1 Like

Anyone live further north? Around Williamsport?

All in on getting a group together when the weather turns.

3 Likes

Figured iā€™d throw it out that my wife and i will be heading out tomorrow to Overlook sometime mid-day to walk 18 if anyone else wanted to join up/is going crazy from golf withdraw. If interested just shoot me a message and we can work out the details.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, family is in town or I totally would be there.

Went out with dad and the brothers yesterday for a 9-hole one club challenge around Foxchase. Good fun.

No worries Paul. Front or back nine at Foxchase? I always enjoy trying to skip one across the ice on #8 when the pond is frozen in the winter.