Central Pennsylvania (PA) Thread

I just drilled down on my order and it looks like I was ticket #30 and that was at 12:07pm. Glad I set a reminder to register. Hopefully I get paired up with a stick lol.

You have to go to the pro shop on the site. It is not on the event page itself.

1 Like

Thanks, I figured that out after I posted about it. Luckily I deleted the post so no one will ever know how dumb I am.

Shit. Iā€™ll have to delete this post, too.

1 Like

There were some players at RG, but they do a net division as well, so not all hope is lost!

Haha I am not going in with a competitive mindset. If I come in dead last I probably wonā€™t care. Just there for the experience and good vibes.

4 Likes

I signed up for 2 tickets and am bringing a buddy of mine. We are not great players so mainly there for the experience as well. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and checking out the course!

3 Likes

Awesome. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll love the course. The front is amazing and then youā€™re gonna have a lot of uphill approach shots on the back. See you out there!

1 Like

I really wish I could. New job and whatnot so canā€™t really take the time off. Next time!

1 Like

Tomorrow should be a nice day to golf if anyone is free/interested

Damn I didnā€™t see this until now. I walked 18 at Royal Manchester this morning. I had the course to myself. First time playing the course and it was a lot of fun.

4 Likes

I like Royal Manchester, great course. I bet the fescue around there is pretty thick this time of year.

1 Like

Yea its quite thick. Luckily wasnā€™t in it too much though.

1 Like

Nice! Looks like it was a good morning!

New Nest member here, checking in from State College area. Iā€™m a member at Nittany CC in Mingoville but havenā€™t played many of the State College courses this summer. How are conditions looking out there? Weā€™re about to hit the August dry stretch so Iā€™d love to play some tracks before everything gets too baked out.

3 Likes

Welcome Mjf! Playing at Treasure Lake for a few days right now and conditions are perfect. The guys in my group played Mtn View, Toftrees, and Skytop early in the week and had no complaints.

Anyone ever played Scottish Heights? Playing my first round there tomorrow morningā€¦

1 Like

Coming into town from Northern California for a wedding in York this weekend, and going to get out to Royal Manchester on Friday 10/22 at 7:50 AM. Still 3 spots available on the site for that time if anyone wants to show me around.

1 Like

Wish I could, but I just took Monday off to play. I played Royal Manchester for the first time earlier in the year and walked 18 by myself in the morning. I really enjoyed it. Make sure you have a few spare balls as the long stuff will eat them up.

Itā€™s funny you say that about extra balls because Iā€™ll be renting clubs and I thought to bring exactly 5 balls with me, which will probably not be enough as a 15 hcp :joy:

Due to a scheduling miscommunication, I did actually just call and move my time back 24 hours (now playing Saturday) if youā€™re around then.

Unfortunately I will be coaching 6 year oldā€™s playing soccer Saturday morning. :roll_eyes:
You will be cutting it close with 5 but positive thoughts lol. It should at least get you through the first 9 and can reload at the shop if needed at the turn.

Iā€™m not in the area but have a buddy who is. He RAVES about Royal Manchester. Says it is one of the best deals he has ever gotten for a course. Enjoy!