Candler Park Players - March 20th Atlanta, GA - Tee Sheet in Post 47, @OliveLoaf calls for Wind

For those of you that missed the payment date, you can still come out and play with us. Call the course and make a tee time in the group before or after our tee times. We start at 2:06 and again at 4:12. If you are going to do this I ask that you make a $10 donation to the Southeastern Brain Tumor Foundation. You can Venmo me the donation or make it direct on their website https://sbtf.org/donate/
@matg has a non-refugee friend that is doing this.

lot of data influxing into our models today and tomorrow as we assess proper gapping. might experience 2020 players mud ball situation.

1 Like

I live about a mile and a half southeast of the course. The weather was not all that bad last night. I was not awaken by the rain or gun shots so it was a good night. We just had another band come through this morning around 8:30. 3/4 of an inch of rain in the rain gauge. The course drains pretty well if you keep it in the fairway. Lift clean and place a strong possibility.

1 Like

@OliveLoaf We need a forecast for Saturday in Atlanta, GA. Please.

1 Like

Good morning folks! Happy to support.

The course may have received significant rain this morning, associated with the low that is making all the headlines this week. The low is expected to move off the eastern US by tomorrow morning. This dries things out, and brings in cooler air. Later on Friday, broad high pressure sets up over the Great Lakes, remains in place thru Saturday.

For Saturday, I’m expecting things to start on the cold side. With the high up to the north, a little bit of cold-air damming seeps into N’ern GA. I’ve attached a shot of the Saturday/AM temps, where you can see a nose of cold air along and to the east of the Appalachians. Temps at dawn may only be in the upper 30s, with dewpoints down in the mid 20s. Good news, I now see you’re teeing off at 2pm?

Saturday afternoon, skies should be partly cloudy. Those early cold temps come up to the mid/upper 40s. NWS is calling for lower 50s high which should hit 4pm-5pm range. Winds may make things tough. 10-15mph sustained, with gusts up to 20mph. These winds should be NE’ly so expect some wind chill, making it feel ~5deg cooler than actual.

TLDR : Long pants and quarter zip weather. No rain. Windy.

6 Likes

It is confirmed Sung-jae Im is defending his title at the Honda Classic instead of playing in the Candler Park Players.

2 Likes

Tee sheet. I tried to make sure everyone got a chance to play with different people.

8 Likes

Breaking news. Creature Comforts added as the third unofficial beer sponsor of the Candler Park Players.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Game day! The wind could make this mighty interesting!

Calm skies a few miles north in Brookhaven.

Good advice on parking down there on a nice day?

there’s a small (tiny? micro?) parking lot at the clubhouse and anywhere along the course side of candler park dr is fine, the closer to the clubhouse the better to avoid slices off the first and ninth tees. benning pl works too if you’re nervous about the big right miss. don’t park at the park parking lot unless you want a long walk.

Thank you for everyone that came out today. We raised $100 for the Southeastern Brain Tumor Foundation.

@RangerB trying to find his drive in a mud field. His kicks did not survive unharmed.

On the last two holes our twelvesome has held up by a sixsome which was held up by a foursome in front of them.

12 Likes

that’s a lot of people playing golf

6 Likes

Thanks for encouraging us all to get out and coordinating @Weezer2. As always the company was great and the challenge of hitting shots with limited clubs never ceases to be invigorating. I’m disappointed I exposed myself for my lack of musical background (its quite abysmal).

see you boys again soon!

4 Likes