BMW Drive to Cup: Denver, June 28th, 2021--Registration Link in Post #96, Opens at Noon ET 4/26!

Hi All!

I want to get a thread started about our awesome event in Denver this summer, which will be in conjunction with BMW. Let me start with confirmed facts as of today:

Where: Lakewood CC (Denver, CO), a 1916 Donald Ross design and 2017 Gil Hanse restoration
When: Monday, June 28th, 2021
Format: Two-person, 36-hole competition (Best Ball in the AM, Modified Alt-Shot in the PM)
Beneficiary: Proceeds will go to the Evans Scholar Foundation
Field Size: 48 teams (96 people total)

A note about teams–we are going to require each team to have at least one Nest member at the time of registration, meaning the second member doesn’t necessarily have to be in the Nest. Also, registration will be for both teammates–so start thinking about a partner now. There will be some very special prizing at the event (awarded through competition and otherwise), and I will tease by saying BMW does not lay up! Will announce more as soon as things are set in stone.

Our goal is to have registration live on Monday, April 12th. I picture it being first come, first serve (as opposed to a lottery). I will update this thread as we dial in more details, and again when we have the link through Golf Genius for registration.

Rough schedule for the day is:

Breakfast at the course/Warm-up
18 holes two-person best ball (handicapped)
Lunch
18 holes two-person modified alt-shot (handicapped)
Dinner, Awards, Prizes, Hanging Out

Any immediate questions? @Privatecollection and I can try to answer to the best of our knowledge, but we’re still dialing in some things. Look for per person cost to be about $500 (all-in).

Hope we’ll see you at Lakewood in Denver this June!!

36 Likes

Will we be able to drive the BMW home from the course or do we need to arrange for delivery?

16 Likes

To be clear, we need to have a partner at the time of registration, right? Sounds like you won’t be pairing up people. Just want to make sure.

1 Like

Hell yes, that’s great

4 Likes

How many extra strokes do we get if we show up to this event with a BMW?

3 Likes

The price tag is real but I never did play Lakewood when I lived in Denver, and I’m sure my parents would be happy to see me if I showed up for a long weekend this summer (or could just make this a day of the summer family trip, I suppose …).

Likely will be registering two-person teams when it opens. So I’d say scout a partner out if you can.

1 Like

Great question. We’re still working out the hole-in-one insurance. I’d say don’t drink just in case.

5 Likes

Our next kid is due July 5th. I’ll be drinking. Hopefully this BMW will come with autopilot.

13 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Thanks (again)! I think this is like the 5th time you’ve congratulated me! haha

Same here… Looks like a great weekend to visit the parents in Denver.

My Dad was a member at Lakewood when I was a kid so it is where I learned to play golf. No way I can pass up this one.

1 Like

I get mixed up sometimes! But always excited for good news

1 Like

:raises hand:

non-nest partner available. for positive attributes of said partner, inquire within. or google.

16 Likes

Going to have to make a proper intro to everyone and sign up for this!

This is fire although I am new here so…Partners anyone?

1 Like

This event is guaranteed to be a smashing success if @imsocrabby is gracing us with her presence.

I am also looking for a partner. 8 index, have some limited local knowledge but absolutely not promising I will make smart decisions on the course because of it

@LPondgolf partners?

15 Likes