BMW Drive for the Cup: Baltimore - Aug 27-28 Registration is LIVE, details around post 171

I think Pioneer was the Pit Beef stand from the John Waters classic “Pecker”

2 Likes

Another Baltimore native and current Federal Hill resident chiming in. Longtime lover of G&M, but Pappas has been bucking their head on best crab cake.

Hoping there will be a local meet up outside of the event! Any idea when more details will come out?

5 Likes

Planning on being a volunteer (shoutout @randy) for Thursday/Friday then attending Saturday/Sunday pending the details of this event. Caves Valley is so sick and I’m pumped to watch the Pros play it.

3 Likes

Roy’s is somewhere I haven’t been in years! Good reminder to get back there. Definitely a top tier crabcake.

1 Like

Dude. Yea. Around here the more rinky dink an operation looks, the better, apparently.

1 Like

Forgot the name of the diner my Father-in-law loved (mainly for its coffee back in the day) but every time we went he started naming old films all filmed there??

I like Boardwalk but nothing like those Thrasher’s fries :heart_eyes:
:download

9 Likes

Thrashers are the undisputed king of Boardwalk style fries.

6 Likes

Thrashers with some vinegar on them are the best. Nothing beats it

2 Likes

Hollywood diner?

No idea it was between 2001 and 2008 - he always had the same table on Sunday. Ordered sausage egg and toast and drank buckets of their coffee. At some stage every week it was mentioned “they filmed some films here and then mentioned the directors name” I’ll have to ask my wife later.

1 Like

Since we are on the subject of MD food, I would like to offer up Dumser’s Icecream, also one of my favorites spots for breakfast while at the beach.

3 Likes

Dough Roller and Dumsers were staples of my childhood during vacations at the beach.

1 Like

Dumser’s is good, but it’s so overpriced I don’t think it’s worth it.

1 Like

Was going to say it’s overpriced as hell. Would rather go hang at Sunset Grille/Teasers

Jimmy Cantler’s Riverside Inn, Annapolis - Hands down!

4 Likes

My favorite local spot.

Annapolis has entered the chat…

Boatyard in Eastport neighborhood of Annapolis has dynamite crab cakes.

2 Likes

And that pretty much sums up Ocean City. Overpriced and overcrowded.

2 Likes

I believe Barry Levinson filmed The Diner there and it was in other films as well

1 Like