BMW Drive for the Cup: Baltimore - Aug 27-28 Registration is LIVE, details around post 171

Starting this thread for the second BMW Drive for the Cup event in Baltimore. This event will be held the week of the PGA Tour playoff event the BMW Championship. Registration will be in May. More details coming shortly.

36 Likes

Now the months-long question begins: do I plan to base my outfit for this event on Natty Boh, Old Bay, or Edgar Allen Poe.

I’m leaning Natty Boh, but it seems like it might be tough to golf with one eye.

3 Likes

I would guess most life long Baltimore residents would pick something Ravens related…so maybe modify the Edgar Allen Poe outfit to include some purple and black??

Looking forward to this event!

2 Likes

3 Likes

LFG

2 Likes

Wife from Baltimore
Married in Baltimore
First attended baseball game Baltimore
“. Football game Baltimore
Crab cakes Baltimore
The Wire Baltimore
KVV Baltimore

Think I might have to attend this event.

7 Likes

Scheduling my week around this one.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Let’s test your bona fides. Where’s the best crab cake around Baltimore?

Not been in Balty for a few years now living in FL. Best crab cakes I had were in Felspoint - I tend to just follow my wife around as she ran a restaurant in the harbor in the 80’s.

Edit - my wife just told me I had one in Lexington market around 2001 when we got married. To be honest I haven’t had a bad one in town yet.

1 Like

Ok. I was waiting for you to answer Philips and be immediately stripped of your Baltimore credentials.

There is no right answer except for it has to be a local, non chain place and anyone who says a Phillips is found later floating near the key bridge.

That being said. Pappas, G&M, Jimmy’s. All good answers.

7 Likes

Savage mill in Laurel is the best I’ve had. Have to go outside of the city a tad.

1 Like

Local, non chain is the best for all your seafood needs. I will say nothing is better then streaming your own crabs and eating them minutes later.

3 Likes

My wife can talk for hours about crab cakes, my nephew in Philly is the same for Philly Cheesesteaks. A friend is a complete Barbecue nut so I just ask them and drive to various places, order with a British accent and the locals wonder how I found the place. Love it.

2 Likes

One of the best things about moving to maryland after not knowing too much but growing up in Nova.

I love seafood- and love crabs. Couldn’t believe the culture of good crabs, good times, and good people.

So easy to find a place to get crabs. Everyone chips in. Everyone brings drinks and hammers.

Such a cool vibe. Sad we moved back to nova.

Also love that no one is a band wagon maryland or Baltimore fan. You live there. Lived there. Or have family there.

4 Likes

Also broiled, never fried.

3 Likes

My wife and I have really liked living in the Baltimore area since moving here four years ago. Love the seafood and the people. Baltimore is a lot like Cleveland so we have always felt at home here.

But I still am just a bit salty about Baltimore having taken the Browns in 1995. I will never, and I can’t stress this enough, never, be caught supporting the Ravens.

3 Likes

I think the one thing I appreciate most about Baltimore is that it’s real. If you’re a true Marylander you get it. Baltimore and the area inside the beltway is a city that has as much as almost any city and it’s all real. There’s great food, really unique experiences, amazing art, important historical sites, lots of parks, municipal golf, and outdoor activities.And the people here know it. It’s ours. We know we’re known for the highest syphilis rate in the country with lots of murders and yeah, some things suck, but there’s so much great here.

I moved to PA for 12 years for more land and less city. When I moved back I knew I was back home the first time I ran into that guy from Dundalk on the golf course (everyone knows someone like this from Dundalk) who has 4 teeth, is rough, raw, and just a salt of the earth dude.

4 Likes

The Dundalk accent is 1 of a kind and I love it.

2 Likes

It’s interesting. Broiled is typically way to go but Pappas bakes theirs and they are amazing. Fing amazing.