Big Cedar - Refugee Meetup - Official Thread- In Memoriam to all Trees - Part Deux (coming 2022?)

You boys might as well watch it on TV next month to prepare… We just announced this. Gonna be a wild few weeks of prep.

8 Likes

Hey everyone - just a quick request to jump into the sign-up sheet to confirm/update your status and preferences for the trip.

We are still looking at about 90-95% availability in the rental proprieties I originally flagged about 2 months ago, so looking good there. That said, on the assumption that we’ll be looking at 2-3 houses, I started making contacts with property managers in an attempt to cut out the fees associated to the Airbnb/VRBO management.

If you do want to opt out on the shared house and go the hotel or less populated rental option, its all good, just update this in the google doc so I can start passing along logistic info to these property managers. My timeline on getting serious on this with the rental property managers is probably mid/late August.

LASTLY - I started noodling on some logo/merch ideas (see June 27th post above). 1 - does anyone like this? 2 - would you want it on merch? 3 - did I violate any trademarks?

Hope everyone is well, look forward to any and all feedback!

2 Likes

is Payne’s valley going to be complete by the meetup?

This is a good question. I think it’s supposed to be open in September, but there’s no official word that I know of. @chrismarz did they give you pricing on 13 or 19 holes at PV?

Great question - September is still the target for the full 19:

I had to switch to a hotel - COVID concerns for the wife/baby and what not.

@chrismarz, any chance that there’d be a block of rooms or a group rate or should I just find something in the area? (I have just about 2 billion Marriott points if that counts for anything)

I have not yet explored the “hotel block or rooms” other than scanning the map to identify options. Originally there were just a few that wanted to go this route AND there was no shortage of rooms or deals when I looked in the May/June time-frame.

My suggestion would be to wait a week or 2 to see how many others go this direction, as the conversation around a “block” becomes a bit easier with volume. On the side, maybe hold a room somewhere, since it costs nothing to cancel?

Sure thing - any recommendations for hotels in the area? Is there a St. Regis Branson or maybe a JW Marriott in Ridgedale?

1 Like

Haha. Marriott Willow Ridge is probably your best bet and not too far out of the way.

1 Like

This is one where I’ll defer to folks in the area or those that traveled in the past. Looks like @RangerB has a good lean!

Sorry @chrismarz, I was just joking. Looks like Willow Ridge or a Residence Inn in Branson are the good localish options, but would prefer to stay on course if a group starts forming there. Will hold a spot now and look to see how this is going in August/September.

1 Like

The guys at Big Cedar did mention a La Quinta in the area, but as I mentioned, I did almost 0 investigation on this. Looks like its about 10 minutes from the golf…

I’m in on Merch, but not super interested in a Bass Pro Shop adjacent logo. It’s clever, but I wouldn’t wear it again.

I really liked the Husker Duel logo, understated, but still super unique.

Could we do something with the the Big Cedar image?

1 Like

Also, maybe we can get refuge handles in the spreadsheet? Any interest in making this a team event?

I’m up for anything! We have 1 spot to determine for the NIT and we can do that on 1 course, 2, whatever… and other than that, we can do as the group wants. Think some sort of matches/games on the short courses would be a fun diversion at least!

As for merch/logo - that’s not really something I excel in… My best work was that play on Bass Pro! So that gives you some idea of my ceiling!

Handle column added.

Could do a team Tilt game.

Hey Guys,

A few updates:

@RangerB - The full course is still planning to open in September. The only question would be around the 19th hole (Short par 3) and if it is ready and rooted enough to play this year. They are pushing for it.

@anon43372372 - Unfortunately, we couldn’t allow you to use that BCL tree logo on any product you create yourself. “Rules is rules”, as they say.

The closest hotel is the La Quinta in Hollister, but a lots of options inside of 20 minutes of the course.

2 Likes

Totally forgot I signed up for this but definitely glad I did!

4 Likes

I feel like there’s a really good NLU adaptation of this we can come up with.

2 Likes