Big Cedar - Refugee Meetup - Official Thread- In Memoriam to all Trees - Part Deux (coming 2022?)

As with every event you’ve proposed, whatever I need to do to get either a walkie talkie, earpiece, golf cart or all three I’m at your service

1 Like

Free lodging and I promise not to make or eat any food around you

2 Likes

heh

4 Likes

Been tracking this thread for awhile…kinda bummed Big Cedar is going higher-end. Looked like a pretty sweet, more budget-friendly-ish option to Bandon, Pinehurst, Streamsong, etc.

That being said, I’ll just keep tracking and hope we could do something in 2022. I’m def down for French Lick although I don’t know that that’s any cheaper than Big Cedar.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there’s nothing “budget-friendly” about Big Cedar. We got a screaming good deal last year.

3 Likes

Maybe we actually make the KC vs STL event actually happen! Which is how this event got started last year

3 Likes

Please, that makes way too much sense

3 Likes

That me waiting for any response from the KC side!

2 Likes

You can host it at you club next year!

2 Likes

Actually, that’s a great idea! October everything should be done

2 Likes

What kind of hookup do we have? First refusal of dates? Proshop discount? Friendly nation status?

I blame the lukewarm podcast review of Payne’s Valley - we’ve lost friendly nation status. Guilt by association.

Edit to add - this was a great song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9seu1Lxttg

Edited the edit to add - … that’s a weird video, man.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how far French lick is from Indy but there’s only 2 courses at French lick, right? In Indy there is a sweet course at the race track. Brickyard crossing plays like 4 holes inside the track. Depending on proximity there’s a 3rd course to work in. And north of Indy there’s a couple nice courses that are mega cheap (purgatory, trophy club, bear slide in order of quality IMO). @OTPLefty can maybe add some insights.

2 Likes

Haven’t played any golf in Indiana so I’m interested in this plan

1 Like

French Lick is 2:15 from Indy. Great courses. The Pfau course at IU, an hour south of Indy and on the way, is worth a look as well. Everything else VC said is correct

2 Likes

I’m sure French Lick would be more doable- I just don’t think they have the demand for golf like these other places do. And two big hotels to fill (I guess it is actually three hotels).

Their normal stay and play packages to play all three courses (including free replays on The Dye Course!) and start at $700.

Edit: Over a two day period, you could play several rounds on both the Ross and the Dye Course for less than $1000 (lodging included) plus have the little 9 hole Spring Valley course available. Trust me, a second trip around the Dye could would be favorable to everyone.

Since most people would likely be flying in to Indy and heading south, the Pfau Course is definitely an addition to be made to the itinerary, whether officially included or not.

The downside: not many options for cheaper housing and these aren’t cheap courses, either.

5 Likes

As someone who lives in Evansville, I would be very in on French Lick. Additionally, EVV isn’t the worst option for flying into with direct flights from ATL, Charlotte, and Dallas, but you have to switch from central to eastern time for the drive up. If anyone is interested in doing something in French Lick, I would definitely be will to help out in any way I can. It’s between an hour and hour and a half drive for me.

2 Likes

Anyone have a good contact for trip planning at big cedar?

1 Like