Armchair Architect Needed: Help design backyard wedge range

All sorts of yes. The entire creek is clear both sides so the options are endless.

My thought is that each green with have 2 flags on them. Basically this will be the routing for the back 6:
back%206%20routing

This way, the course is 12-holes with a front and back 6. These will be the only dedicated tee boxes. We plan to install other teeing areas all around the property for alternate holes - so many of these were realized this weekend. Off the top of my head, I can think of 30+ unique holes out there. The most fun part is that if you are anywhere in the main open area between the road and the creek (where greens 1 and 3 are), you will have access to 5 and potentially all 6 greens (may have to hit over the barn to access 6 green). The idea is like playing HORSE. Pick a target, play it in, winner chooses the next hole. Basically we will have unlimited options.

15 Likes

Oh my reversible Old Course. Makes me extremely hot and bothered.

6 Likes

Excellent routing. Hoping that you unleash width and angles.

4 Likes

Itā€™s basically Shinnecock Hills

3 Likes

I was thinking that your 5th looks a lot like the 7th hole redan.

This is literally incredible. Big ups from Ireland!

3 Likes

Might as well slap that saying on a t-shirt as well :rofl:

2 Likes

Hahaha. I like that. Maybe a grayed out print of the routing with ā€œItā€™s Basically Shinnecock Hillsā€ on it?

4 Likes

followed by a ā€¦

I keep looking at this and canā€™t help but notice that an alternate tee on 1 put behind the 6th forces you to play over the barn, thus fully completing the ā€˜Road Holeā€™

5 Likes

Oh. My. Goodness. I am embarrassed to have not thought about thatā€¦ Founding members only alternate (secret) road hole tee. Wonder if it would get @Tronā€™s juices flowing like it did at the old course? Second best hole ever?

2 Likes

Just got my new member package from BCNā€¦ excited to see the the updates! Iā€™m looking forward to playing Shinnecock West!

1 Like

Could even throw some OB stakes between that tee and 6 green! Might be too good.

1 Like

1 Like

as a founding member, I agree with this

3 Likes

They did said any modern construction of such a template would end an architectā€™s careerā€¦

3 Likes

He did say thatā€¦Iā€™m willing to take that risk to feed the golf junkies and architecture nerds what they want - dangerous blind shots over a building.

1 Like

Sheesh. I was waiting now 4 hours to get the rest of your response/idea for a shirt. Just realized you meant:

ā€œItā€™s Basically Shinnecock Hillsā€¦ā€ which is a great idea.

Losing control over here people.

4 Likes

Iā€™m gonna suggest you leave off the ā€œHillsā€ ā€“ it sounds better, doesnā€™t use their actual name (which is good, legally) and if they donā€™t know it just by Shinneock, the ā€œHillsā€ ainā€™t gonna help.

1 Like

Agree for sure. Anyone have access to/know where to get some screen printing done?