Armchair Architect Needed: Help design backyard wedge range

I love him more than Tiger.

I’m old, FYI. I realize millenials have no choice but to overly idolize Tiger (s/o NLU squad)

I know you aren’t a Tiger fan and that’s cool. But overly Idolize? I’m not sure that is possible! Tiger is the reason I got into golf, the reason this message board is alive and soooo much more. What he has done for golf is at least equal to all of golfs history and personalities combined. Arnie paved the way for Tiger. Tiger took everything up 10 notches.

Not here for a Tiger convo of course. Just don’t think it is possible to idolize Tiger enough!

4 Likes

Very southern JoCo I think technically in OP, but on the edge of the city. Not sure if he’s still there, but I’m pretty sure that’s the case.

I feel like stuff needs to stay unnamed until something causes it to be named. Traditions need to come up organically, etc.

8 Likes

Yes, owns a farm down there…maybe even Miami county.

Also, the Watson Challenge is a pretty sweet event, and he plays in it every year despite being almost 70 years old.

Yeah it is cool to see how the college kids and few elite amateurs stack up to him. Dude almost won it last year.

giphy

1 Like

Couldn’t agree with this more. Not surprised to hear this coming from the guy that first said “Some Guys Backyard”

1 Like

I rest my case.

You got your reaction! I get it. You aren’t wrong! Watson just hasn’t done anywhere close to what Tiger has for golf. Not even in Kansas City!

I think you underestimate what Watson did for golf, but that’s cool. You be a millennial.

I believe he plays out at Wolf Creek a lot, private off of 187th.

Hes a smarmy ass.

1 Like

He plays at Loch Lloyd too.

No doubt. Underestimate everyone I’ve never seen play. Being in KC, there is just absolutely no way Watson has done more for golf in his home town of KC then Tiger has done for the game here in KC.

Never had a convo about Watson at the course. Regularly have convo’s about the cat.

2 Likes

Side note…Wolf Creek :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Also one of the “sickest” logos I’ve ever come across. Love seeing one out in the wild.

2 Likes

Wolf Creek is a great track and always in immaculate condition. And yeah, their logo is one of the best.

I’m a big Tom Watson fan. Always have been since I was a kid. Always will be.

His win at the Memorial in 1996 is one of my favorite sports memories. Obviously had he won the 2009 Open, that would have been maybe the greatest achievement in sports history. Fairytale type stuff.

1 Like