Alamo Duel - Charitable Update (Post #3544)

meanwhile, @RobertHunter cuts GIFs from a 1975 Masters broadcast.

3 Likes

The fun thing about being on hold with the government is that technically, it is work.

5 Likes

thats what i tell myself while listening to the incessant beeping while people are joining and leaving conference calls, but it doesnt help my sanity.

I always thought Ray Wylie Hubbard sang the anthem

2 Likes

Talk to me about housing when you were looking at 1BR condos in SF for $1.2M and had to come up with $700k in cash as a downpayment…Austin is cheap comparatively. You can pay $2,400 for a 1,000 sq ft apartment on Rainey in a great building. Looking at houses in Lakeway for rent, 2k sq ft for $2,300. That’s not bad at all.

6 Likes

My friend looked at a place in Vancouver that was $1.7M and didn’t have a kitchen…

7 Likes

I would assume a coastal town in potentially the best climate in America would be more expensive than something in the middle of Texas. Additionally a lot of SF’s housing issues are because local government can’t get their heads out of their rears. But that’s a whole different thing.

1 Like

Oh for sure, but when you can get 3,500 sqft within 35 mins of downtown in a brand new home in one of the best school districts in the city for less than a down payment on a 1BR condo in SF, I just don’t think prices are that ridiculous…yet

Using SF as a benchmark for rent prices is like using Pebble as a benchmark for public golf green fees.

7 Likes

I got my shooters out in Houston lookin for you, but they just sent me this photo of your de-activated glutes and I told them to stand down. See you next week.

3 Likes

we’re on the middle of Texas. There is literally nothing redeeming about it…no mountains, no oceans, no tall trees, it’s a brown wasteland…

it shouldn’t be expensive.

3 Likes

Wow this is a great take

Theres Hills and lakes and stuff. Lets not act like its west texas

3 Likes

Made a grave mistake by putting myself on video at the range yesterday. That prompted some attempts at changing my positioning at the top, and will likely lead to an ugly showing in San Antonio. RIP my NIT hopes.

On another note, it’s a good thing my club’s range has a wall of trees on the right side protecting the first tee (see profile pic). Otherwise I might have gone down for murder via shanked 8 iron.

1 Like

your fault for being a hardo in the first place

1 Like

People are posting videos and gifs of their shanks in the whatsapp… youre not alone.

4 Likes

We’ve got tennis courts lining the left side of our range and theres a net but not tall enough for a skied hooking driver. I blasted the courts about three times today.

3 Likes

I better not hear anyone on Team Jim Bowie talk like this again. Irrational confidence is our MO…understood?

4 Likes

I fixed mine. we good.

1 Like

Was this you on the range?

5 Likes