Alamo Duel - Charitable Update (Post #3544)

The growth in the Frisco/Mckinney Area is nuts. Soon enough the border of Oklahoma is going to be considered a part of the metroplex.

1 Like

Not to sound like a name dropper or a douche but I came up on those Texas junior tours with him. I was two years younger and my brother was his age. I still talk to and play with a lot of guys from those tournies. A handful of guys are on the mini tours and Web and one guy on the PGA. They all say since hes gotten married his mindset has changed a lot. They also all say he can catch a hot streak and win The Masters.

Housing in Austin is ridiculous.

The house I rent is under 1200 sq feet, i’m the youngest person on my street by 35 years… tiny little cottage community. These homes hit the market 1 day and sell immediately for $385,000.

You can’t get a house within 10 miles of my neighborhood over 2,000 square feet for less than $650,000. I would say median is $899,000.

1 Like

The Spieth Lower 40 is an absolute blast. Every golf course should have something like that.

3 Likes

I think Spieth actually has a pretty good eye for course design.

1 Like

You’re not wrong. I live 20 minutes from E CC…the housing prices down there are even worse! Mid-century house l, 1200 sq feet is a cool $1million easy…probably not even updated. People are buying those houses up and throwing massive modern 3 stories in there. Pretty crazy stuff happening here.

3 Likes

East 6th was really bad circa 2010/2011. Gentrification has greatly reduced crime in that area while also jacking up costs (duh) to where a lot of iconic restaurants had to shut down cause they couldnt afford the new leases.

This is why SA is so great. Living here is really cheap and traffic is non existent compared to Dallas and Houston.

I somewhat agree.

I wouldn’t trade Austin for any city in Texas. I love it here. I don’t mind the traffic because I live don’t have to drive in. That’s the key…living and working in close proximity.

It already has…

For sure. The area is growing like crazy, but for now it’s great.

Do you have to take 360 into work? I hate that hwy so much.

1 Like

My wife & I live in Wells Branch (20 mins from downtown on a good day), and junky 80’s garden homes are selling for over $200/sq ft now. It is just unreal how expensive housing is getting.

The fact that I’ll be moving north of McKinney in two weeks to another hot market isn’t all that thrilling from a homebuyer’s perspective.

1 Like

I lived 15 minutes from Westlake no traffic. It would take me 45min to get home after school with all the traffic on Bee Caves and 360…

Can we talk about 18 at Clay? That tee shot gives me nightmares.

3 Likes

That shot is so intimidating off the box. You basically have to stripe one and fly the trees to have any sort of look to the green

1 Like

my commute is 2.7 miles. no way in hell i would create a situation where i had to use 360 to get to and from work.

1 Like

This is why I LOVE Clay/Kizer.

Dreams destroyed at any given turn. So damn fun.

We live just north of Mueller and know a guy in the neighborhood that does house flips and just prints money in this area of town. Going from one rundown house to the other, slaps some fresh paint on it, basic landscaping, new kitchen and bath, then gets out in under 3 months, pocketing a cool $150-200k each time. It’s a very love/hate situation.

1 Like

I meet so many people in this town that make me realize I picked the wrong business.

2 Likes