Alamo Duel - Charitable Update (Post #3544)

I’ll be going to Amsterdam in April-ish. Anyone in Europe wanna challenge me to a duel?

@Bullseye and @MashNL and I get along too well to truly duel, but I’m not above hiring a colleague over there to leave a bag of poo on their doorsteps to get something going.

2 Likes

I’m more than happy to call @Bullseye a lame “artist” and choose you as my proxy if that’s what it takes to get you a duel

2 Likes

Just seeing this and since Austin is such a short drive, I’m in for the weekend with y’all. Missed Cincy, so don’t want to miss another!

7 Likes

I was born in San Antonio, so technically this Duel is in my hometown (my parents moved to North Dakota when I was ~6 mo. old, but whatever). My wife has family just outside Austin, so there is a small outside chance she would want to go down and hang out with them and I could derive over to my long-lost hometown for a day of golf on Saturday… I am “On the fence, leaning out”, but i’m saying there’s a chance!

3 Likes

Largest factor in every decision for me. RN I could get basic economy delta seat for 12.5k

[bites lip]

1 Like

Go to the schedule cleared. Likely in, is now changed to firmly in.

2 Likes

You’re saying there’s a chance!

Conversation I’m about to have: “I know it’s your birthday weekend, but…”

1 Like

You might be right about that, plus a match with @holeout would have too many pleasantries (and strokes) to be considered a true duel.

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

Wait it’d be only 12.5k from Atlanta??

also bites lip

Was thinking I’d make this a work trip, but could take real, actual PTO for that rate.

I think the first time I did it I was looking at Sat-Mon

Fri-Sat night is 15k
Fri-Sun is 18k

As a project/program manager, this makes me happy.

1 Like

the more people who think it is merely speculative, the more it will be merely speculative.

Step out of the boat in faith…before you know it you will be walking on Dope Dope Merch.

2 Likes

We are a process based organization.

1 Like

Let’s put it this way…flights have been booked by Laz and I. I’m assuming Justice Duffer has as well, but he’s 100% in. This duel is happening whether it’s 3 people or 40.

Make it 4, I’ll be there. 4 hour drive and free place to stay with the future in laws

1 Like

Its def gonna be 40…February…you know how much time that is!? and in TX weather. People will be itching to get out and play.

Cinci was in like 5 weeks…ATL in 4? maybe? Will be cant miss event.

1 Like

My firm has an office in Sydney. Definitely trying to put together a month-long business trip down there next winter.