Alamo Duel - Charitable Update (Post #3544)

So there I was, in the elevator at the Menger Hotel in San Antone. A sprightly lad of 16.

And who gets on next to me?

That’s right, Brian Johnson, lead singer of AC/DC. In town for the “Blow Up Your Video Tour 1988”.

\m/

Look, the good thing is our chairguis @Snellspace and @jbrooks will give us the official calendar after the Southern Shootout and people can plan from there.

3 Likes

At the rate things are moving. 100% of my golf in 2020 may be refuge events and I’m HERE for it.

8 Likes

If we’re going to do a par-3 duel, the course will be Crosswinds in Greenville, SC. 18 holes, all taken from different architects, lighted, great nightlife city, excellent airport.

But totally down for nighttime par 3 in San Antonio, too. Although just hanging at the bar after daytime golf like we did in Cinci is pretty perfect.

3 Likes

Looking in at more Refuge events on the other side of the world like

4 Likes

International players are welcome to join. All that’s required is you renounce your native country and pledge allegiance to Old Glory.

6 Likes

Shit! I got the green light from my wife and seriously started putting the plan in motion… then I looked at the calendar and I have Kiss tickets that night!

(I’ve wanted to see Kiss since I was 12, don’t judge me)

2 Likes

For this event, you must pledge loyalty to the national flag of The Republic of Texas.

7 Likes

I may cancel my club membership

5 Likes

My brother is an absolute Kiss nut so trust me when I say…they’ll be doing ANOTHER farewell tour within 6 months. There will only be one duel in San Antonio, with a mix of private/golden age/lit up par 3 courses.

Understand if you can’t make it though. Those awesome acoustics in the Fargodome are too good to pass up.

2 Likes

It’s actually in the terrible Alerus. Hahahaha. And I know they’ll come back. But they played Minot a few years ago and I vowed to not blow this again. Absolutely looking forward to a Refugee outing in 2020. Cannot wait.

This was already settled. 50 stars and 13 stripes or GTFO.

#DCStatehood

@MikeHoncho you see this yet?

1 Like

The addition of this Duel to the Roster has us considering attempting a days course rental somewhere here in the Perth area. By us, I mean me, and no-one else has responded as yet.

Not sure if any San Antonio locals would agree with this take, but this pizza joint/bar was legit when I was there 18 months ago Barbaro

2 Likes

Nope. That is a federal district sir, not a state. Just the way our founding fathers intended it

I did not! A pilgrimage to San Antonio might be in order. Gonna play the Davy Crockett fiddle solo from The Alamo all the way down.

2 Likes

Just parachuting in to suggest The Quarry as a course, if you’re looking for one. Wildly fun back nine.

2 Likes

You better believe that the resident Woodrow Call will be participating in this duel

2 Likes

nah, the founders wanted people to have representation. DC has a higher population than two states (could be higher than 4 states within five years) and zero senators. DC and Puerto Rico (higher population than 20 states) should both get statehood.

1 Like