A thread for the Texas folks

Welcome aboard. Pretty sure we had several north Dallas (and norther than that even) folks out to our meetup this weekend. cc @McRiddles

1 Like

Was hoping there would be some feedback on the meetup! I’m a content creator so next time something happens in DFW I would love to bring out a camera, possibly the drone, and throw something together that would impress the boys out in JAX.

5 Likes

Then #GetInvolved

Happy to host at Falconhead in Austin and see what kind of rate they could get us

6 Likes

I’m in McKinney, but just a short drive to Frisco, Carrolton, Plano. Like @NobodiesMedic said, I’m willing to drive a little bit to meet fellow refugees!

4 Likes

I’m in Addison as well so easily can meetup around any of those areas mentioned. Let’s get a game going in North Dallas for refugees to come out

Played Cedar Crest yesterday. Greens were lightning quick but so pure for a public course.

Best value in Dallas by far.

2 Likes

woah there “best value” ?? This might spark a debate from me

I think Pecan Hollow and Stevens might have something to say about that

3 Likes

Worst value is easy though: Tour 18

3 Likes

Stevens has good greens, but after last year’s overhaul I think they’re a bit scared to pull the trigger on cutting them short. Mesquite GC on the other hand may have the same greenskeeper as Pecan Hollow. Don’t get above the hole. Thank me later.

1 Like

You weren’t out there in the afternoon session, but they have the greens as good as I’ve ever seen them at CC right now, and it’s cheaper than Stevens. But all three are such a great deal.

1 Like

God I need to get out to Mesquite! I’ve had my eye on it for a while and haven’t done it just yet

Now here’s a debate I wanna get going:
What is the worst value course in DFW? My vote is coyote ridge in Carrolton

2 Likes

I paid $13 to walk and it felt like I was putting on country club greens.

1 Like

I may be wrong, but it seems Cedar Crest ramps up their speed for the DAC qualifier every year. They’re always running smooth, just seem to be a bit shorter come early July.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think you’re right. They always get faster for DAC and with this heat, but at least the last couple years, they haven’t been this pure. Also, the rest of course was in much better shape. Sometimes they get behind in clearing all the crap out between holes or having odd rough mowing. It was all really clean, which created better sight lines across the property and made it more playable for us hackers.

Definitely agree there. Since about when the golf lockdown was lifted it’s been in the best shape I’ve ever seen tee to green.

2 Likes

More on CC. Like I said above I live in McKinney, so last Sunday was my first chance to play the course. It checked all of the boxes for me: Course was in good shape, not too challenging, good variety of holes (doglegs, elevation changes, etc.), and a decent value.

I think Pecan Hollow is definitely a contender. Always in good shape, great practice area and a short course.

Quicksand is pretty affordable and is usually in pretty good shape. Used to play tournaments there in high school.

2 Likes